Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fan shroud fab

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tbauer, Mar 5, 2013.

1. tbauer

tbauer

Fab up this fan shroud for a 1947 ford. There isn't much room to work with so I hope this help's someone out there. I made it in two pieces. The part that fits against the radiator slips down between the lower fender supports and is held on top by the factory brace behind the radiator. There are also two factory nutserts I used to bolt it to the core support . I made a ring to incircle the fan and put a hemmed edge on it for strength and to eliminate the sharp edge on the ring. There is a flanged lip on the bottom if the shroud that the ring hooks on and a sheet metal screw holds it on the top. I slipped the ring over the fan then put the boxed part on the radiator. hook the ring onto the boxed part and bolt them together . Although it's not a sexy metal shaping job like a swoopy fender ,I was very happy with the way it fit the space and used the factory parts to hold it in place.

Attached Files:

2. Better than some crappy plastic electric fan.

3. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I need to do this.... Nice post thanks !

I have been lookin at a 67 elcominos shroud. Its about right with a 327 engine.... I am a little nervous with that fan spinnin at such close tolerances....