Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Family Heirloom 47 Ford

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by willyschad, Nov 5, 2015.

1. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

My dad had a bunch of old cars when I was growing up. Some of my favorite memories were going to car shows with model contests and hot wheel races. I found this 47 ford a couple of years ago for sale on Craigslist. My dad use to own it in the early nineties. Needless to say I had to buy it. I thought it would be awesome to recreate some memories with my kids in it. It had all original driveline and brakes when I got it still. Enjoyed it like that for the past couple years but the racer in me just couldn't deal with only going 55 anymore. So this fall I ripped the engine, trans and rearend out. I have put a 9" under the rear out of a 66 f100 mounted with a parallel leaf spring kit from speedway. Pretty easy install. Had a local fab shop red rill the axles and drums to Chevy pattern to fit any wheel I want. A long way to go still but my kids enjoy working on it with me and I know they'll love doing some burnouts in it in the near future!
    image.jpg When I got it

image.jpeg As its sitting now with the 9" under the back and no engine or trans

kidcampbell71, Trefl and volvobrynk like this.
  2. Cool car- build it the way you want to and make some memories in it with your family- maybe one of your kids will catch the hotrod bug too!

3. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

My two year old daughter is a total adrenaline junkie. I told my wife I can see her driving our willys gasser to school and drag racing other kids at lunch time

4. Looks great!

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. willyschad

willyschad
    from ohio

Got started on the front end tonight
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

whats the plans for the front end?

volvobrynk likes this.