Register now to get rid of these ads!

Falfa and Milner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Falcon, Sep 15, 2009.

?
  1. John Milner's 32 Ford Deuce Coupe

62.8%
  2. Bob Falfa's 55 Chevy

37.2%
  1. rivguy

rivguy

The 32 easy choice. Never had one, never will. I can still afford a55.

2. tromollo

tromollo
    from Easton PA

you may be right on that .but it was owned by a guy in york pa years ago dunkan was his last name .

3. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From Street Rodder archives;
    Universal felt it was time to retire the old warhorse once and for all. The occasion was highlighted by a sealed-bid auction, won by Steve Fitch who had previously acquired rights to the movie's black '55 Chevy. A couple years later, after persistent offers by a young die-hard American Graffiti fan named Rick Figari, the car changed owners again. It turns out that ever since Figari as a boy of eight-years-old saw the movie, he had been infatuated with the coupe. When Fitch made it available for sale in 1985, the young man from San Francisco, California, had the dough. Figari was only 20 years old at the time, and his acquisition probably assured that the coupe would be preserved as the American Graffiti coupe for years to come. Among the first orders of business was to contract Roy Brizio's shop in South San Francisco to make the car roadworthy again.
    Indeed, Figari spent the next few years actually driving the car, and it became a fixture in the Bay Area street rod scene. That is, until Figari, who owns and operates his own saloon in the city, concluded that the car's special historical and financial significance justified it as more than just a daily driver. And so, once again, the American Graffiti coupe was parked, this time in honor of its heritage.

The car currently is available for display at car shows and events across the nation. Figari maintains a website in its honor--www.milnerscoupe.com--and the car now is officially known as the Milner coupe. But everybody who is familiar with this bright yellow five-window highboy knows it as the American Graffiti coupe. After all, this is the hot rod that many of today's street rod enthusiasts cut their teeth on. Just ask Rick Figari, the owner of the most recognizable hot rod on the planet.

4. KSLeadslinger

KSLeadslinger

If my only choice were one of those 2, hands down Milner's 32, if we can choose anything from the movie, the mercury...it was the coolest!

5. delafab

delafab
    from manteca ca

the 32 with out a doubt that car is just bad but the color ouch!!!

6. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I'd rather ride the blonde in the T bird at the end.

7. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She has not aged as well as either the 32 or 55 has.....;)

8. diamond dave

diamond dave

would love to have the 32, but it wont pull my airstream, so i've gotta be practical and go with the 55.

9. 33 5 window coupe

33 5 window coupe

10. no question for me.

11. PossumJR.

PossumJR.
    from Walls,MS

[​IMG]
    Now what can you say? How could anybody pick anything over this.......o man now im drooling on myself at work,....not cool.....Thank you John Milner for changing my life, i mean that

12. I'd rather have Milner's 32. The last time I saw the '55 it was upside down and on fire. :eek:

13. terryr

terryr
    from earth

Well, I had a yellow 55, so I chose both.

I bet Falfa had a baby hemi in there.

Lost in the detailing of the Falcon model are two 55 chevy chassis. I guess the model builders put them there as a joke.
    I was on a model site years ago and spotted them in a Falcon replica thread. I knew what they were because I spent a lot of time on my back looking at the bottom of my 55.

14. John Milner,1942-1964-------RIP just a bit of trivia that was in the orig script that never made it in the film,at the end they said when he died but not born...................

15. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

agreed! I first saw the movie at the drive inn it blew me away! I've never been the same since........

16. ScottV

ScottV

How can that be homoerotic ? ... I mean, c'mon they'll be getting lotsa ... well ... um ... you know ... boobies ... :p

17. ScottV

ScottV

And there is a wrench hang off the bottom of it ... next time you watch it do a slo-mo and you'll see it as they pan across the bottom of the car.

18. Is that a cross between piss yella or puke green?? Falfa rules!

19. gsport

gsport

the 32' for sure...

20. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

The 32..but I'm biased.

Attached Files:

21. Martys 55

Martys 55

the 55 for sure, my first model car i built was a 55, my first car was a 55 and still own it 1975 age 14

22. Slorolnlow

Slorolnlow
    from Florida

Milners coupe for me.That '55 was just a field car.

23. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

"Field car? What's a Field Car?..."

24. Deu55

Deu55

Milners coupe....

25. DooDooHead

DooDooHead
    from Big Sur

THE REAL 55 CHEVY from the movies American Graffiti and Two Lane Blacktop. Ive seen this car in person at NORWOOD TOWING SERVICE in Baltimore and it could be put back to movie condition in just a few days of hard work if you had the supplies on hand. Those rumors of the car being turned into a unrecognizable show car or not true. I'm sure that statement came from a non car person!

I have a few hundred photos & video of the car from every angle and of every known movie detail, I'm thinking of making a clone that is so close that only a REAL car guy could see the difference. Just an Idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziBlpNVDcxM

Vince

26. Milners coupe! After I painted it any color but yellow!

27. Troyz

Troyz

i'd rather be Falfa than Milner today...but the vote goes to the one that's " a cross between piss yella' and puke green"

28. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Black always looks good ....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  29. 66cayne

66cayne

Toad did get laid. Go back and watch the movie.