Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Hot Rods Falcons... Gasser style..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Mar 21, 2018.

1. quick85

quick85

Falcons, like Novas, have a certain cool factor. I want to keep this thread alive even though I've
    run out of gasser-style pics. Hopefully, Deuces, who started this, won't mind me adding these. If a moderator feels the need to delete them because of the wheels, so be it. The red one was shot at Great Lakes Dragaway about 1987, the white at Cordova in 2000, I believe. Keep smiling.

Z 254.jpg
    Z 1-14-2009_113.JPG

chryslerfan55 and Gammz like this.
  3. Mines not a gasser...heading for a Modified Production / hot little stop light car. Rims and tires will be gone and a set of M&H “muscle car” tires and some pro tracs up front, chrome reverse wheels out back and 4.5 inch Americans up front, may paint them to look magnesium. Always loved these cars

Attached Files:

4. hendelec, loudbang and Thor1 like this.
  5. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

6. Found some good ones tonight

Attached Files:

7. I'll see your hang-on-bumpsteer-pinchin-chunks-a-foam-outta-the-seat-with-yer-ass cartoon car and raise you one low-in-the-front-high-in-the-rear-go-around-a corner hot rod falc-20160512-05.jpg falc-20160512-00.jpg
    Not trying to defend Mak Yak but I can see his point one thing is that over time what starts out as innovation for a purpose becomes a a trendy fashion and the original meaning gets lost...if you look at the old school pics not one of them is running a tire wider than 9-10" why? because that's what they had! so they sacrificed handling in the name of weight transfer...so why are all the guys building nosebleeders now running fat slicks? do you really want your car to be scary and go slower than it actually could? I guess so...... either that or it's just for looks:p if you want a fast car use slicks and six banger coils if you want a period build run 9" pie crusts and a straight axle...

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 3:14 PM
  8. cooljunk

cooljunk

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Pretty good for slapper bars..

loudbang likes this.
  10. caseyajones

caseyajones

No straight axle! Gasp :eek:
    Indy Dave Lyall (3).jpg

Thor1, Deuces, Gammz and 2 others like this.
  11. caseyajones

caseyajones

12. caseyajones

caseyajones

13. RmK57

RmK57

Best of the bunch so far.............

caseyajones likes this.