Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Featured Hot Rods Falcons... Gasser style..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Fair enough, I went back and re-read your post title. Gasser “style” cars. I love the look as well, hopefully the original poster understands why guys get offended about the abuse of the term “gasser”. There are a lot of guys on this board that lived the era we are tying to recreate and do their best to try and educate us young guys about the way things really were. You can’t put a price on their knowledge and here they are trying to give it away for free. I have no problem with people wanting to build a gas class inspired car for the street just do it with respect for the history you are trying to duplicate.

2. caseyajones

caseyajones

3. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

I believe they are..... To me and most others on this board, that's a good thing....:)

Used Up Junk and caseyajones like this.
  4. nugget32

nugget32

Anyone have a picture of "Balkins Falcon" from the Minnesota area mid 60s. Owned by Sam Balkin from North St Paul, Mn

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Rocks Rod & Custom

Rocks Rod & Custom
    from Raytown MO

6. quick85

quick85

"I see a lot of street freaks, not gas class race cars."

"Modern wheels , 70's graphics, street freak look, etc. don't belong here either.
    Better suited for the F/B Gasser page, where very few have a clue.
    This is a 65 and earlier traditional site. Let's try to keep it that way."

Hey, complainers and "GASSER EXPERTS", read the title of Deuces' thread,
    "Falcons...Gasser Style".

I'm not a promoter trying to make a buck off of gassers, nor am I a self
    proclaimed gasser know-it-all, but I am a gearhead that enjoys seeing
    kool pics of kool cars. Would the haters spout off if Ohio George was to
    post a few pics of his Mustang racing the SW&C 'stang. Tell us, is it a
    bitch to be so locked into one little segment of the car hobby that you have
    to rip on those that aren't frozen in the past?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    32John and R A Wrench like this.
  7. quick85

quick85

Deuces, do these fit into your thread?

ZA - 45 - Copy.JPG

MD 49 - Copy.JPG MD 50 - Copy.JPG

8. Ya know it’s strange...I’ve posted on a couple “drag race” car threads on here...And both times I got reprimanded...maybe I’ll stick to the Kustom threads..I figured a 60’s Camaro that looked like every car in the thread i.e cragars, 60’s style paint, decals on the car and windows...apparently it was the wrong class car...and classes are broken down by weight and displacement...I guess I was supposed to know both of those before I put the pic in the thread..also lots of post 64 pics in it so I didn’t feel it was out of line...guess the traditional police have a new branch around here...keep the falcons coming..please

32John likes this.
  9. No Mustangs here ..Read the rules

10. No Camaros here . Read the rules.

11. quick85

quick85

The truly faithful here generally let you know that '66 and newer aren't welcome. There's no
    sense in ticking off the membership, they have their likes and rules and that's not a bad thing.
    As much as I dig Camaros and Mustangs I wouldn't want to see a thousand photos of stickered
    up bracket racers...and keep the Falcons coming, please.

Edit: Mr. Yac sez...No Mustangs, no Camaros. How ya feeling about the XKE photos posted earlier in another thread?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Deuces likes this.
  12. quick85

quick85

13. One of my favorites, built by Chuckles Garage. Blown nail head, with some rare old speedparts. 14646664751_0e6f234943_b.jpg a163b8163c4ff44057d7478f8d5d217b.jpg IMG_6926.jpg

14. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

15. Now injected, The Strange Bird. 94284e9963946d78b8439de4dbb4f380.jpg 14463306288_6a13f9f4db_b.jpg Backseat-Driver-1962-Gasser-Falcon.jpg

16. Don't know. Didn't see it. What year was it? That's the deciding factor.
    I happen to like 66-67 Chevy II's. They're the same under the skin as 62-65's. They're not allowed here. I live with it.I don't make the rules.

17. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I too love the 66/67 Novas, I have one and I've had photos booted, no biggie, I get why guidelines need to be established.
    As far as OT cars go, yes, some slide by once in a while, I think it depends on how many times the "report" button gets pushed to trigger a mods attention.
    It's those instances where some newbie sees the rare OT car and thinks it must be ok and when he's reprimanded he feels butt hurt and says "well, Jimmy gets to do it".
    Another thing that triggers attention is a car that appears perfectly HAMB friendly but the photo has all kinds of modern stuff in the background like new duallies, enclosed trailers, pop-up canopies, etc.
    I think some creative photo composing would make all the difference in getting approval.

18. Then you should go back and check some of those threads..lots of later 60’s vehicles pictured...just sayin!

quick85 likes this.
  19. quick85

quick85

DDDenny, you have a point about the photos. The only thing to do is to have a date requirement,
    too, when it comes to threads like this. No, I'm not being a wise ass because I also pay attention
    to what's in the background of many photos, mine included. It would be great to have just vintage
    photos posted but then many would be left out of the game and the site would become a catalog
    of reprinted magazine photos, which I really do dislike.

It's unfair to Deuces to have hijacked his thread for political reasons. Let's keep the Falcons coming.

Deuces likes this.
  20. quick85

quick85

21. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

Thank^^^^^ you!!!!!:)

quick85 likes this.
  22. 40LUV

40LUV
    from Mid Jersey

23. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I built this '65 Falcon Sprint in '73.

240 ci Ford six
    T&C toploader trans
    9" Ford - 5.43 gears
    Econoline straight axle
    fiberglass hood, doors, front fenders, bumpers, deck lid
    2510# RTR

endangerspec.jpg

The car still exists today, in Canada, with a 460 BBF.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  24. Very cool..what did it run?

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER likes this.
  25. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

It’s funny, I never really cared for the early Round body Falcons all that much until I saw a few built with a heavy gasser influence. They seem to lend themselves so well to a slight nose up stance and a BIG radius job on the rear quarters. Best of all they’re crazy light so it doesn’t take a ton of horsepower to have a bunch of fun. Great thread Deuces, let’s keep those Falcons coming!

mad mikey, Deuces and caseyajones like this.
  26. caseyajones

caseyajones

20180325_222939.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 6:35 PM
  27. Deuces

Deuces
    from Michigan

Thank you sir!!!.... :)

Outback likes this.
  28. tpw35

tpw35

Thanks, I think the stance is very important on this style car.

Deuces likes this.
  29. caseyajones

caseyajones

I agree! The "Hound Dog Gasser" in particular showed me how good the older round body Falcons can really look. Squatting down in the rear with large fender radiuses.. nose slightly up.. fairly low stance overall and not all jacked up in the air. It just looks aggressive and mean. IMG_0044.jpeg IMG_0041.jpeg
    IMG_0080.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  30. Used Up Junk

Used Up Junk
    from Merced, CA

Agreed casey, the Hound Dog was exactly the car I was thinking about I just went blank on the name. It just has such a purposeful “all business” look.

caseyajones likes this.