Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Cool,
    I might look into running something like that,I have some 15's sitting at the house I just wasn't sure I could tuck them under the rear well,although I am running a mustang diff.

2. grantw

grantw

so many cool falcons on here, here is a mate's car, it is a 63 Sprint, well more than just a 63 Sprint, he is known as the Mighty, which is raced in SCCA Vintage meeets but also runs at the Pikes Peak Hill Climb. This year he won Vitage outright (beat all the modified cars) and also broke the hill record.

couple of video links too

http://youtu.be/1Rv4076MA5o

http://youtu.be/vCa8klrphGs

heaps more video's on utube. Just search for The Mighty Falcon Sprint...

Attached Files:

3. grantw

grantw

now for mine... another 63 Sprint, not sure which way to go, race car like the Mighty? or low 60's cruiser? at the moment i'm about 50/50 on the decision :D

Attached Files:

4. dutchrodder

dutchrodder

O.k. not a falcon but a '62 comet

just started my new build, it's gonna be on open motor roadster
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Well, good luck with that

6. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

After nearly 3 hours looking at this post what can you say, Falcons are the biz! Had a 65 2 door when i was in Ozzyland. Only a 289 but was my daily for 2 years. Hi/Lo, 2/4 door, Utes whatever these cars lend themselves so much to being a cool car. What a great thread, so want another after looking at this.

7. 02HD9294

02HD9294

As someone who is building a light custom 62 Comet, to me this is an unfortunate waste of what looks like a restorable S-22 2-door. I might have cut up a rusty base model, but not an S-22. Sorry but just not diggin' it. :(

8. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

dutchrodder post the drawings of the finished product. you do have them right?...
    I would need to understand the end to enjoy the process.
    Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind. Stephen Covey "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People".

9. ausbuick

ausbuick

heres my old ute that i sold
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Nice ausbuick!! Did you make the bracket for the alt swap or was it aftermarket?

11. ausbuick

ausbuick

It was a factory alt bracket form a 1970 falcon here in Australia

12. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Ok thanks.:cool:

13. pcbart

pcbart
    from NC

I haven't done much on my 64 Ranchero lately but have been collecting parts to get it off the ground once our new house is done. Here's a picture of the hood which my nephew has done for me. It incorporates the turn signal "vents" from a 66 mustang as scoops. I cannot claim authorship of this design as I saw something similar on TFFN a while back. Next is the installation of the a Mustang 2 front end and then fitment of the 5.0 and 5 speed I've been saving for the past couple of years then paint.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Cool! It looks factory.

-Dave

15. Grandmother bought it new. Restored it ground up in 2009 with factory color paint and interior. Added a 347 and narrowed the rearend 7/8 inch on each side to tuck the drag radial under.

16. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Very nice Falcon VROD!

17. Thanks. It was a fun build, but damn it has alot of parts !:D

18. Oh please. For the love of god, dont do it! You have a great restorable car there, dont screw it up. :eek:

19. 62rebel

62rebel

he had one when he started, anyway.

if he's happy with the end product, then so be it. definitely not the direction i'd have taken it.

maybe it's a Nordic thing. here, he could have built that out of leftovers without sacrificing a complete car.

it seems to fall into "R-rod" territory now.

20. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

sweet !! :d

21. Pinball Wizard

Pinball Wizard

Vrod64,
    Nice Falcon! What size wheels and tires?

Chris

22. Chris, Thanks for nice comment..

Fronts are "Real Rodders Wheels" 15 x 4.5 with 165 15 michelins.

Rears are 15 x 8 with 3.5 backspacing and 235 60 15 BFG Drag radials. I actually had to narrow the rearend 7/8 of an inch on both sides to tuck these tires under the car and then buy new axles. $ 800 modification to get this look without cutting or beating the fenderwells. I did replave the rear springs with a beefed up 5 leaf and added gabrial air shocks to adjust height.

Hope it helps.

v

23. Ooops. The pic above has a set of 15 x 6 Eric vaugh up front. I wanted the Big n Little look so I swapped out a set of Real rodder wheels fronts 15 x 4.5 in place of the 15 x 6.

The 15 x 6 are for sale with Firestone tires with less than 500 miles on them.

24. von zipper

von zipper

Here's my Ranchero I just found! I swapped the dash panel for a 61 Mercury,new steering wheel.and door panels,so far! Boy, is my Galaxie pissed!!!

25. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Really nice 65 vrod64 !! Looks like some serious dough was spent on this build. What type of undercoating did you use on the undercarriage?:cool:

26. BadassBadger

BadassBadger
    from wisconsin

27. Thanks.

The undercoating is actually a spray on bed liner. recommended by by painter, but when the SS exhaust got hot, it srarted to melt. :mad:

28. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

von zipper, lovin that merc dash! Thanks for the tip. I may go that route :)

29. TooManyFords

TooManyFords
    from Peotone IL

Ok I just picked up a project and are in parts collection mode. I just bought a 1962 2 door post. Going to put a straight axle under it and drop in a FE engine. Found a 57 Ford 9in on craiglist. Does every one make their own fender well headers or are there some made? Has anyone ever tried 55 chevy big block headers? Is there a company that makes one piece fiberglass front ends? Pictures coming soon.

30. tpw35

tpw35

I got paint on mine this weekend,

Attached Files: