Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. BigB

BigB

michael cini, thanks very much that grill is a custom one built by a very talented guy here in Arizona. I wish you could see all the body work it doesn't do it justice in pictures and its still in primer because we keep making changes as we go.
    One of which is the engine, the one that ran the car 8.32 @ 169mph was a real cast iron 392 Hemi and now we have gone off the deep end an we are installing a all aluminum Keith Black 426 Hemi, 1471 littlefield blower, cant wait to see what we can do with this..................

2. Muttley

Muttley

I thought you guys might like to see this:

3. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

super nice work - man I ummed and ahhed about buying that wagon off you - saw it when you had it for sale here! Very cool

4. ncctcam

ncctcam

oh really? ha thats cool, i honestly only built that one to make some cash on the side, so it might be a good thing you didnt as it didnt run 100%...... I am buildin another 64 sedan at moment, flat maroon with gloss cream roof and dash etc... cream trim with maroon pipin and diamond inserts... got bubble cruiser skirts for this one so it should look the goods.. will post pics in few weeks when its finished being painted, had to completely bare metal this one...

the silver ute is coming along well, all new glass in it now, t700 lokar shifter modifed to fit a bw35 box and engine bay is painted so motor will go in when i have a chance!! to much other workin goin on. trimming a 65 impala and a wb ute and and and and .....

5. Well mine ain't nowhere near that "purty", in fact you might want a tetanus shot before you stand next to it. [​IMG] It's gonna have the usual 302/C-4 combo, Granada discs on the front, and a 9" out of a 59 Ford under the back.
    [​IMG]

6. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

7. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

8. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I like that. That says "Total Performance" right there.

289/4-speed?

-Dave

9. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

naw...its a 1993 cobra 5.0 w/efi , edelbrock heads and a 5 speed :D...9 inch with mustang II up ft..4 wheel disc...

10. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I lean increasingly toward finding a 5.0 and a 5-speed for my '61. I don't plan to go the MII route, though. All that extra room in the engine bay would mandate a Y-block or an FE in my book.

Out of curiousity - did you build a full frame, or splice the MII to the unibody?

-Dave

11. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

i used the factory ft rail and installed a rod & custom motorsports mustamg II can,then used factory a-arms...it really looks all factory and clean

12. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Got pics? I'd love to see.

-Dave

13. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

[​IMG]

not to hamb friendly but you asked for it....

14. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

i'll have to dig for some under car pics..i don't have any here at the shop,maebe at the house pc..i'll check

15. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I hear a lot about how narrow the SBF is, but it looks like you needed every inch of space for that setup!

EFI isn't as sexy as three deuces, but I'll bet it makes for a nice-driving, powerful car.

-Dave

16. xpcoop66

xpcoop66
    from Australia

Check out the pic of my gal dude, it's an OZ version but is very sweet in her own way....

Attached Files:

17. XM BIRD

XM BIRD

Hi Kon, good to see you on board. Good to see Early Falcons getting their dues, will catch up soon...cheers Mate <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

18. kus1om

kus1om
    from australia

Hi fella's, In the middle of putting a smallbock & toploader in my aussie 64 Just wondering if anyone has put a toploader in an aussie model falcon and how they got around the shifter problem having no room? Maybe a XY shifter and hump?

Attached Files:

19. warren1328

warren1328

Hey kus1om,
    I got around the toploader issue by using another gearbox....
    I went with a cast-iron Celica 5-speed behind the 5.0 in my XM coupe. Shifter is actually far enough forward that you could clear the bench seat (if using a bench).
    I'm 6'2" and sit a fair way back (Mustang seats) but can still reach it comfortably. A shorter person would have it even better.
    You probably don't want the suggestion to change your box though....

20. XM BIRD

XM BIRD

Easy way is to fit a Jeep Toploader T176 Shifter, this puts the shifter on the top and not on the side as you currently have. A little bit of panel massage cut the shifter lever to the length you want and it all fits. Its best part is that the shifter is forward and you have no clearance problems if you are still running the bench seat. They are available on Ebay new but cannot remember the cost or chase up through a Jeep wrecker they are available.

streetrodtoploader3.jpg

21. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

American round-body owners typically use a reproduction '63-'65 4-speed hump.

-Dave

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  22. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

how are those door panels? do the sake alont? i was thinking about doing the same thing, but havent done it, wanted to see if someones tried it already -Sam

23. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

- I lined the interior of my '63 with thin, furniture-grade plywood, then caulked all the joints with flexible silicone, then carpeted everything. All of it muffled my 302's glasspacks very good and a bonus was how much better my four vintage pioneer tri-axials sounded. just saying

24. Falconred

Falconred

What size wheels and tires, I have access to a set of old 14x6 Americans and wondered how they would look.

25. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I think early aussie falcons front end is the shit! Much better than the US version, but on the other end, the "sail panel" of the early Falcon rancheros is ugly as fk compared to the US version.
    Love these cars anyway, americans or australian Falcons rule.

26. kus1om

kus1om
    from australia

Thanks for the help guy's, i've ordered one of the US repro 4 speed humps which I think will solve my most of my problems. I'll post some pics when finished.

27. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Ok falcon lovers,
    I got a question for anyone running a c4 auto floor shifter.I was wondering what was your preference for the floor shifter and what exactly was involved such as rod length or the shift arm and which direction should it be pointed? PM any details you like to share or post it here if you like.
    Thanks,
    Muncie

28. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

- Hey Falconers, RunawayChair here. These two photos show how I installed a Lokar brand shifter on top of the trans hump and a patch panel hammered out of a piece of 12 guage, I think it was 12, had to heat it and beat it. All of this, wires, gadgets and such will be covered with a plywood center console. I want to keep engine fumes out, so, where the shifter rod passes through the patch will get some type of seal. I'm thinking about using suede because it won't cause friction on the rod and it's flexible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-

29. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

30. Runawaychair

Runawaychair

- Hey MUNCIE, yea, the trans tunnel, the firewall and the forward subframe all together form the strength of these old cars. The trans tunnel is stamped out of some thick steel and I've never seen one rust, although the rear floor pans do! The real trick to the LOKAR kit is passing the shifter through the floor. Mine is hardly genius. But it clicks right and shifts right. That piston shifter knob looks cool, but, it's stiff. Here's hoping it breaks in soon. Since I quit smoking, I installed LOKAR's shift position indicator light in the ashtray, actually an extra ashtray from eBay.
    -