Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Falcons done right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guiseart, Nov 20, 2005.

1. That is BAD ASS!!!!

2. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

:D righteous

3. SuddenImpact

SuddenImpact

Hey Noddy, your's is looking mean gonna be ready in time for beach hop? I hope so, as for building another one at the moment I'm playing in the 'other' sandpit with the HR, but I have been thinking about tracking my old one down at some stage and trying to get it back

4. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Nope - I have enough on my plate with the Beach Hop. Just under 1100 cars entered now.... The Sprint is being done by Richie Orell at Bay Chassis Works in Tauranga - check out his website - Willys and Anglia bodies - http://www.baychassisworks.co.nz/

No hurry to get the Sprint finished - I'm off to the USA in August for 2 1/2 months and will bring back a new toy... or 2!

Noddy

P.S I shouldn't really be talking to you now that you've changed camps!

5. chad

chad

I might as well throw my project pic up here too..

[​IMG]

6. 97

He hasn't showed you the more door he hacked up into a two door rag in seven days including paint and upholstery...........ask him about it .

7. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Heh Heh - GOTCHA 97!!!!! Check out post number 38 on page 1 of this thread... Your shout at the Blow Out!!!!

Noddy

8. 97

Yeah right like I am going to shout you miserable futura lovers, just because I didn't read through all the three year old posts about coons!!
    That Futura of yours gonna be half good by time Ritchie is done!!, just need the front end and steering done then so half of your bucket can ride again!!!

9. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

No new pics of mine to show.
    I tore down my 200 on saturday and have the trans at the shop for a rebuild.
    That little 6 looked really good on the inside.
    Can't wait to have ot back together!
    New rear springs are waiting to go in now too.
    I want to put some lowering blocks in the rear, would 3" blocks be too much with 14" rims?
    Keep this thread going!

Norton

10. Afalconfan

Afalconfan

I don't know if you'd call it "right" but here's what I did ( in 1986) with my 63 hardtop. Yes that's a "rumble seat". O.K. so my brain was not solidly formed yet (is it now...) IT WAS FUN!!!.I sold that car while I was on my honeymoon Feb. '87. It went to Michigan I think. I wonder if it survived....

Attached Files:

slack likes this.
  11. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

dude, that is just beautiful! It sits perfect, I love the lettering.
    it's definitely done right! I love the front shot on the grass. I'm actually tempted to do a painting of that. Really nice work, man.

12. that's what I'm running.

13. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

What the hell...I was gonna wait until I get some color on it, but since everyone else is postin', here's mine::D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More to come...
    Rob

14. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

anyone have any more pics/info on this car?

15. I picked up this information from the Falcon board after posting a photo of the car there,,,

[​IMG]

I have seen that car on two separate occasions. That picture was taken at the Coronado Speed Festival here in San Diego. He raced in the Group6 races SCCA production vehicle over 2300cc. Paulie (zombie289) on this baord has also seen it and probably knows more than I do about its history. I do know it was built by Holman-Moody for the Pan American endurance races, and it has a HiPo289 with the vintage speed parts. It is also a pretty darn quick little racecar. I have also seen him run at Willow Springs Raceway at an open track event, although he didn't have it painted then and I didn't realise That it was a valuable vintage Holman Moody car. That thing is just plain fun to watch go around the track, and the owner is a really nice guy, too.

exterminator and slack like this.
  16. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

thanks! i really like the stance of the car and the black looks nice. if I were to build one, I'd want it to look like that. I didn't notice the roll cage at first glance.

17. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the reply LaGrasta.
    Ghostcruiser, does that thing have moss growing on it?
    I'll post new pics of mine soon.

Norton

18. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Norton....I'm ashamed to say it's mold, from the cedar trees I use as my garage roof (shadetree mechanic)!:D I've got my '43 GPW jeep under my workshed right now....

That's one reason I wasn't gonna post it yet...I wanna get some paint on it before long....it's coming soon!

Rob

19. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

I did one a couple years ago..its actually not done yet....but its a little modern for this site, I thought someone put a pic of it in here but I didn't see it knwo, its a 63 1/2 sprint model that I basically skined and built a monocoque floor structure with body mounts hidden in it, full round tube twin rail chassis, Cobra Mustang Modular Ford Racing engine, and a TON of custom mteal work, drip rails cut, flush glass, roll pans, with cut down Mustang styled bumpers, mesh grille sheet metal interior, even headliner, lots of crazy stuff.

20. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

... and the pictures are where??? Come on - that sounds like a wicked car!

Noddy

21. Evilfalcon1961

Evilfalcon1961
    from Ma

can anyone tell me the size push thru bullet cap i would need on my 61 falcon it has 14 in wheel im thinking about running just a push thru cap instead of a hub cap. just seeing if anyone knew the bore size of that hole on the falcon 14 in wheel.. thanks alot guys

and yess i would measure it myspelf but the car is im my grandmothers garage right now thanks again brett

22. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

[​IMG]
    I don't have good luck posting pics, heres a try, CAUTION billet...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  23. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

[​IMG]
    that worked...heres the chassis, yup its all ground, smoothed base clear...my fingers still bleed just thinking about it...

24. rodbuilder

rodbuilder

[​IMG]

25. Barn-core

Barn-core

Here's my '64 Ranchero I just finished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Here's 1 owned by friends. [​IMG] [URL

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  27. 300Racr, you can't post that car without posting the "wow" factor. This is 10 sec falcon, no lie. Ford six bolted to a turbo!

28. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Damn, this thread is making me sad! All of these great looking Falcons and warm weather so I can get to work on mine but I broke my damn foot and cant hardly wipe myself with these fucking crutches. Four more weeks and I hope to get her back on the road. Brakes went out over the winter....:(

29. Yeah, post some pictures and information too, please.

Thanks,
    Kurt

30. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

That Maverick is cool too.... thanks for the post.