Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects fake filler tube

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by silversink, Jun 29, 2016.

1. silversink

silversink

I bought a radiator from Champion Radiators and want to use the stock cap through the grill shell. Has anyone put a fake 29 filler on an aluminum Radiator just for looks? If so --where was it purchased?

2. My Avatar has a radiator built for a filled grill shell with the real filler behind the top tank under the hood. I used a stock shell and held my original radiator cap on the stock shell by using a piece of steel and a bolt going into the bottom of the cap.

Charlie Stephens

scrap metal 48 and silversink like this.
  3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

upload_2016-6-29_20-26-29.png
    Did a faux cap for my 35 Chebby. Bracket bolts to top radiator brace with filler under hood. Photo0088.jpg

scrap metal 48 and silversink like this.
  4. Raunchy

Raunchy

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. porknbeaner

porknbeaner

No need, you just stick a little stub of radiator hose through the grill shell and into the cap. look around until you find a piece that will fit snugly in the grill shell.

6. 2935ford

2935ford

My original rad shell had enough of a lip on it I just glued my original rad cap on to it...........:)

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  7. deanp72

deanp72

I have the same problem but was hoping someone carried a nice aftermarket cap that would bolt though the blank shell opening. Anyone know??

8. deanp72

deanp72

Actually I was just looking at Speedway and they have some nice Model A and Model T caps that are threaded that you should be able to use a large rubber washer and then a nut from the bottom. I think I will at least give that a try or if anyone else has solved the problem please post a pic.