Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Factory Accessories in Traditional Customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Denich, Jan 22, 2010.

1. John Denich

John Denich

I have a collection of Factory GM Accessories, but only because I think they are really neat, I have the Hand Held Spot Light, Drink Trays, Cigarette Pack Holder, Pipe Holder, Tissue Dispenser, Factory Tool Kit, GM Plug in Shaver, Accessory Coat Hooks from GM, Umbrella Holder and Electric Vanity Visor Mirror.
    I have been collecting them for years, only because I think they are cool, But looking at some of my small mags from the 50's you never see those guys using them! except for a fake Phone! If the idea for customs was to make a cheaper car look expensive and more like a luxury car why did they not use them!

Most of mine are in original boxes and stored away! I was just wondering this any thoughts!!!!

2. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

John I've need your phone # 1.hand held spot lt (appletons) 2.drink trays (harvey's provided them) 3.cig pack holder (rolled up in "t" shirt) 4. pipe holder (the old guys had them) 5.tissue dispenser ( not macho) 6.access coat hooks (not sure what the acess ones are) 7. umbrella holder (never had an umbrella) 8. vanity mirror ( not cool to get caught admiring your self) Just kidding. Pm me your # roger

3. juanz1947

juanz1947

let see some pics of you accessory

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

From the stories my Father and other family members told me, back then, the less on the car, the better. All those bumper guards, outside sunvisor, and stuff would get thrown in the trash. The one thing that was popular was spotlights. It made no difference if you drove a hot rod, custom, or lowrider, they didn't want their cars all cluttered up with junk. However, all of those items you mention are very popular with the lowrider crowd today. They pay hundreds if not thousands for many of those items you have. Prices for those orginal "GM" parts unused in the orginal boxes are out of this world.