Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical F3 & F4 backing plates - usable?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by treb11, Jan 8, 2019.

1. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have access to a set of F3 or F4 backing plates (8 lugs) currently mounted to their original front axle. Can these be used in the same manner as F250 backing plates to work with 12" Buick drums? They measure 12", but if the hubs cannot be used, something workable would have to be chased down. The bolt pattern(s) would have to be drilled no matter what as part of the conversion, so that is not a concern. Or is it? I do not have a large pile of parts to compare to see if the hubs are dimensionally the same and I'd rather not tear everything down just for it to not work out. Please do not de-rail this thread with F100 or F250 part numbers or advice to buy such. Lets see if these can be used and maybe open up another source of parts for all rodderkind. Thanks in advance.

2. Far as I know f3's had 14" brakes w/8 lug. F4's were a bigger truck w/Budd type wheels and 5 lugs.
    F2's had 12" brakes like an F250. Got any pics?

deucemac likes this.