Register now to get rid of these ads!

F2 brakes questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cabriolethiboy, Sep 27, 2005.

1. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

My 32 sedan delivery is 20 years old now and the front wheel cylinders are leaking real bad, so I have decided to change over to the F2 backing plates. From what I have read the ones to use are the 53-56 F250 plates. A while back I bought a set of 52 F2 backing plates( at least that is what the guy I bought them off of says. I didn't see him take them off ). Someone said that that the 52 and older are similar to the early Ford passenger car and are not self energising. Some of the parts suppliers list the shoes being the same up to and including 1951. My backing plates are for 12" brakes, and have the slot for the star adjuster. Are they the right ones? Look like it to me. I have read that the wheel cylinders to use are the 53-56 F100's. What about the shoes? The F2 shoes? The Buick shoes or something else? I am running Buick drums now.

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Ther is an awesome tech thread in the tech section by I think Deuse Roadster. It's installing F100 brakes on 37 spindles. I used it for part numbers and am going to do it later this week.

3. alchemy

alchemy

The very limited knowledge I have says to use the '56 F-100 cylinders and the rest of the F-250 assemblies stays stock. I do not know if there are any differences between pre '52 brakes and post '53 brakes. Go to the parts store and see if the shoes for '52's and '53's carry the same part number.