I have been sitting on this truck for 12 years and decided it was time to get started on it as I'm also working on my sons 37 sedan. The goal has been an early 60's style mild custom. First off was to get the chassis sorted out and rolling. I'm using what I have for chassis up grades as a race car project took a turn to the dark side so I had a complete setup left that needed a home and I like using whats on the shelf over buying anyone's "kit". Engine, trans, diff, and front suspension. I'm going to be driving this every day as a shop truck so the original plan for a big block was shelved in favor of fuel economy. I take a lot of trips from the Bay Area to SLC to visit my son. These first pics were from a few months ago as I set up a jig table. Just mock up here to see if and how things would work out. This is it sitting in the background last year. I knew the cab was in pretty good shape, but I had no idea how messed up the frame was but I would find out soon enough. This is what I started with.Pic is moving day into a bigger shop The only 2 pic's I have of the truck before starting. I ended up trading a More Drop for a straight set of org.bed sides. I wish I would have kept the brakes Typical cab sag Got the ride height set pretty close, getting ready to push up onto the jig table I really hit the jack pot here as the 4x4 tubing I had was way short of enough to build a long enough table from so a friend had a friend that lent me some trench plate. Got it in the shop and put the laser to it and perfectly flat. Getting the rear done first From here you can see the big plate on the rail. After taking the old bed off I found this truck had once been a long bed, or at least the frame had or a repair of some sort because I couldn't tell if the bed was original to the truck. It was a fairly decent job in being sq. but the rear rails needed some work getting them level.before I did the rear 2x4 tubing . I'm using a 7" shock so I wanted plenty of room. Always wanted one of these. My first attempt at bending tubing. Trans mount, first one came out great. But I didn't like the amount of waste I went cheap and tried to save metal, big mistake. You need the over run to complete the bend ! The second one didnt quite make the degree of bend by 2 deg. Out came the torch. At first I had the front axle 1 1/2" forward of stock. Then I decided to move further forward to get some weight off the front wheels and improve the handling and ride so now its 6 1/2" forward. Filled all the holes in the front rails and boxed it in. Even with all the measuring and notes, I was later to find out the upper arms I ordered were going to be a bit to long So this is where its sitting today. Working on the front upper shock mounts. My original goal was early 60's mild custom. I wanted a 60 Merc grill and lights but missed the chance to buy one at a reasonable price 5 yrs back. Im looking at other options. i need to messure a stock grill opening to see what I'll have to work with. I have plenty of ideas. If the grill gets older than about 58 I'll focus on the mid 50's and go with fat whites instead of narrow. I'm still not decided on painted rims or chrome.