Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods F100 header Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Twisted_Fate, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Twisted_Fate

Twisted_Fate

Hi Im Joey I just found this forum and am enjoying all the tech articles and pictures of the members vehicles, however i have a question.

I have a 56 ford f100 292 Y-Block 3sp column shift and i wanted to get rid of that god awfull crossover pipe, however im not sure if anyone would have any reviews b/c i seem to find differing oppinions but no explination of why they chose a certain type over another, i plan on droping the truck scary low and having fat tires front and rear, so fenderwells are out of the question, i dont want ram horns. im not sure about sandersons or reds if the clear the steering knuckle. i would just like some oppinions and issues that you ran into in install. thank you very much.

2. 64gal

64gal

I was looking at a set from Summit for a friend of mine, I think they were Patriot clipsters, or something like that. They were for a 64 f100 with a 292, they werent full length, I'd say 3/4 length, that would give you room to work around your clutch linkage and bellhousing mounts, not sure about the colume shift linkage. Maybe check on the "y blocks forever" web site. Good luck, Tom.

Attached Files: