Register now to get rid of these ads!

F100 Front Drums

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nitro29, Feb 12, 2006.

1. nitro29

nitro29

Does any other drum fit the front brakes of 1956 F100, the Drums I have are too far gone and they are hard to find. Any help would be really Appreciated. Thanks Roger;)

2. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

They are available in reproduction from Mac's - approx $80/ea

According to their catalog, they fit '53-'63 - might check with NAPA - perhaps they can get them...

3. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Been looking for 53-56 F-1 series ( the whole shootin' match ) for the front end on my 27 T project. Most all the after market companies are outrageous on their prices in my opinion. I'm gonna' keep looking! It's slays me to think that I could run almost any standard after market disc-brake system for a fraction of the cost! There goes the nostalgia! I'll find what I need. It'll just take a little more time. Good luck on your search!

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Actually......the drums interchange from 1953 to 1966.
    Brake shoes from a 1966 too.....

I used all the brake hardware from a 1966 on 1956 backing plates......to get the self adjusting feature.

[​IMG]

5. New drums are available at Advanced Auto, and are fairly cheap. I posted the part # and price sometime back.

6. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

A guy out here in Ca. has lots of F-100 parts---i got a set of brakes from him a while back--good price,too.
    Eddy's Rod Shop
    Temple CIty, Ca
    626-452-1177----guy i talked to was Mark
    I put Buick drums on my F-100 brakes as "covers"--stock drum still in place---used a spacer then the Buick drum--drum was out of spec anyway--i used a second spacer to get the wheel where i wanted it--works great. AND cheap!

Attached Files:

7. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

I used 53-56 backing plates, hubs,drums etc. on some early spindles years back. I'm looking for another pair to upgrade my modified. Do I understand this discussion correctly? Will the drums, hubs, backing plates, etc. all the way up to 66' work? I'been searching high and low just for the 53-56 variety. I would sure appreciate a response on this. I am currently running 46' car front brakes and the drums are getting thin. Sam

8. nitro29

nitro29

Thanks to all who replied , I will look over here first for drums Once again Thank you Roger

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Only the 57 up to 66 Brake drums and brake shoes and hardware work on the 53 to 56 F100 backing plates and hubs......hubs and backing plates are different....:eek:

Drums are available NEW......

:)

10. eberhama

eberhama

What is the ballpark range as far as pricing for '56 brakes? I have a set, and may have a line on another off a running, driving truck.

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I bought a pair new at the local parts store for $35 each. Gotta find a store that's worth a damn. Auto Zone or Pep Boys aib't gonna do it.