Register now to get rid of these ads!

F1 pix request. Fender fitment.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SMOKINFLATHEAD, May 28, 2009.

1. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

I seem to be really picky about the fit of the panels on my truck. I am in the body work stage of the build and wondered if anyone has pictures or advice on the fitment of the area where the fender, hood, and cab meet.
    [​IMG]

2. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Thats about as nice as it gets. Mine was wrecked and beat and is off a mile.
    Both sides are different. I dont care I use it for a driver.

3. 31ster

31ster

Are you planning on using the rubber strip between the cowl and fenders? It helps cover the wide gap you have

4. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Yeah you really are picky, with all the +/- 's of manufacturing if you need you will have to bust out the grinder or body file and remove some steel weld it up and grind some more till it fits. It's tough to get all the steel to fit perfect because well...it never was perfect! If you are building a show truck get busy, if you are building a driver you may have to learn to just accept the non-perfect gaps and go with good enough?

5. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

Yeah. I don't want to use the fender welting or rubber strip. but, I find that I'm putting a lot of time into things that probably won't stand out. I need to learn about this " GOOD ENOUGH " concept.