Register now to get rid of these ads!

F1 pedal swap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mustangmike6996, May 4, 2013.

1. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

Im sure it has been done before but I am having a hard time finding good info and pics.

Who here has swapped the stock pedals out with some firewall mounted swing style pedals to relocate the master cylinder in the engine bay?

If you have pics please post them up

2. I havn't done this swap myself but one of my customers has an early F100 that has firewall mounted master with hanging pedals, when I asked about it he replied it was early mustang set up . Maybe worth looking at .

3. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

Ive got an extra set of 80-90 foxbody mustang brake/clutch pedals and im planning on going with the late 90s-00s mustang hydroboost unit to save room plus its cheap. I will be running a 4.6 cobra engine and 5 speed. explorer rear end with discs and doing a narrowed crown vic cradle. Im just trying to figure out how it will look in the cab and how it will work with the steering shaft, i might be able to squeeze it between the pedals

4. I used the pedal assembly out of a 1980 chevy pick up . It fit with no problems make the appropriate holes in the firewall and bottom of the dash.

5. I know from experience that a pedal assembly out of a '55 Ford car ('52-'56 is same) fits '40-'47 Ford trucks like it was custom made for it, so it would probably be a good choice for the F1. I gave a friend of mine a '55 Ford pedal assembly I had that was gathering dust, and we put it in his '46 Ford pickup.

6. I used the Volare pedals and booster that came with the front clip.
    I reinforced the firewall (on the inside) with a piece of 10 ga. and braced the volare mount to the dash.

7. i still use the factory stuff, just adapted a hydralic clutch set up for the pedals. simple and works well

8. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

do you have pics of the conversion?

9. you could try and retro fit on a later style single or dual pot out of say a 57 and later i want to say if you go with a 67 f100 and later it will be a dual pot , the most i would think you would hafta do is make a bigger whole and shorten the pedal

10. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

I would call ECI

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I used a '55 chevy pedal set once, just had to finagle a little bracket to mount to the back of the dash. pretty simple and cheap.

12. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

I used hanging pedals from 78 ford f-150, was going to use booster/master also, but decided to go with a chevy setup. also changed from a mechanical clutch to hydraulic using an old dodge master cylinder.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]