Register now to get rid of these ads!

F1 guys, need some help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mustangmike6996, Apr 24, 2013.

1. mustangmike6996

mustangmike6996
    from the D

I will be converting a Crown Vic (2004) front end to fit my 51 F1. I know the truck is too narrow so I will be narrowing the rack/subframe to fit. I am in need of both front fenders. I read (i think on here) that the F2 fenders are a bit wider.

can anyone confirm this or are you running F2 fenders? I would like to fit a decent size tire in there without the issue of rubbing on turns if its lowered.

2. boutlaw

boutlaw

I don't know if the F2 fenders are any wider or not. I know the wheel opening is larger to fit the larger wheels/tires on F2-F6 trucks. I ended up running F6 fenders on my F1 as I wanted to use steel rather than fiberglass, and the opening is definitely larger. I THINK the fenders are the same width but just the tire opening is larger to accomodate the 20 inch wheels of the larger trucks. I am sure some of the F1 experts on this forum can verify what the exact differences in width, if any, may exist. I purchased a new set of fiberglass F1 fenders for my F1 but preferred the steel over the fiberglass so decided not to use the F1 fiberglass fenders. The larger opening sure makes the truck seem jacked up with all the space between the 15 inch wheels and the lip of the F6 fenders. I would think the F1 fenders would work for your modification with any clearance issues solved by wheel backspace if needed. I have a new set of glass F1 fenders and extensions for sale in the classifieds if you think they will work. Good luck on your truck. Keep us posted on the front end modification, as I would like to see how it turns out.

BOutlaw

3. irondragon79

irondragon79
    from Michigan

Hey, just got sent over here from the FTE board. The F1 through F-6 fenders all have same overall width, the only difference is that the F-2 through F-6 have a larger wheel opening. The F-7 and F-8 are wider overall, I believe the radiator support and a few other pieces are also different, so you would need the complete dog house, not just fenders. Also the front fenders would not match the rear F-1 fenders. I've seen that mis-match on a couple other trucks kinda stands out like a sore thumb.