Register now to get rid of these ads!

F1 Front Axle Measurments Needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Juggalo56, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Juggalo56

Juggalo56

Hey guys im looking to swap a 48-52 Ford F1 front axle setup into my 47 International. Just trying to get preliminary measurements right now so i can figure out how much of a drop axle to buy. The measurements i need are from axle center line to the top of the leaf spring perch, or where the spring rides on the axle. I guess an easier way to get that would be measure from the top of the perch to the ground, and then from the center of the wheel hub spindle to the ground.

The next measurement i need is a rough estimate of how much the leaf springs will sag when full weight of truck is on the ground compared to full sag, off the ground.

Thanks guys, Dave

2. Juggalo56

Juggalo56

BTT for the day crowd

3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

F-1 through F-3 have the same axles, C,D,Y:

[​IMG]

4. Juggalo56

Juggalo56

thanks for that info bobj49f2. thats just what i needed for the axle measurements.

still looking for a rough estimate of leaf spring sag when full weight of truck is set down i know it depends on how many leafs have in the front and how good they are. thats why i just need a good rule of thumb to go off of.

thanks
    Dave