Register now to get rid of these ads!

History F**K That *other* Pontiac thread, let's see what made 'em GRRRREAT!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monsterflake, Apr 28, 2009.

1. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

That got my attention! I love it.

2. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Here's a front view of the same 2+2, for anyone interested. Not really visible in the pics was the red interior. It just sold at auction last year.... too bad I couldn't afford it![​IMG]

3. monsterflake

monsterflake

here's a couple of gran prix's (prixes, prixs?) currently on craigslist st louis. i really like the 68. if you want to find out more about 'em, you'll have to get on CL, i'm not posting direct links...

Attached Files:

4. TheBurnetteSpecial

TheBurnetteSpecial

I want to know if Gm accepted the investment groups offer. Maybe they would have the balls too put out a 2010 Firebird/ Trans am I would buy one if it looked like the 77-78 front end concept.

My dad is a die hard pontiac head he has had a 73 grand prix it seems like forever since the mid seventy I think. One was root beer brown with gold strips and a medium light blue sj with a 455 that he took out and put a 400 in. I think Im going to steal the 455 shhhhh lol. He had a 75 firebrid esprit that my older brother wrapped around a tree ( he's alright the car not so much ). A 77 trans am with a 400 ( man it was quick) he sold to my uncle, who ran it into the ground. I tried to get it back but he sold it to my aunts boyfriend. We are buying a 77 firebird now

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2009
  5. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

added slicks to this PONTIAC powered coupe. Old hoops went up in smoke ! ha ha

Attached Files:

6. rustbucket65

rustbucket65

Here is my project.

Attached Files:

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

california rust bucket? take it to detroit, compare it to their rusty cars...:D

8. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

I can't let this thread die yet! Here's a beautiful '64 GTO from Putnam, CT's Main Street Cruise of two weeks ago.[​IMG]

9. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Here's another one from the Putnam, CT Main Street cruise, a real '71 GTO 455/4-speed![​IMG]

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Hey, hey, hey... welcome to the new NSRA! Gary

11. buickbelle

buickbelle

Now Don't get me wrong here, this IS a beauty. But to me it looks "bulky", amazing what a chrome strip in another place can do for this awesome car. I talked Mike into keeping the chrome spear down the side of our shaved 66, when we got it the chrome strip was missing on the passenger door. Without that strip I saw this same bulkiness spent 9 months looking for this quarter inch wide 3 foot long piece, managed to find a NOS. I am enclosing a similar pic of our 66, see the difference?

Attached Files:

12. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

That's a difference between a regular Catalina and a 2+2. Notice the chrome 'louvers' on the rear quarter just behind the door. The chrome strip on your car would not look good with those louvers!

13. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

I think that the difference in the look of "bulk" has a lot to do with color and ride height, not just the chrome on the side. The lens on the camera and the angle probably make a difference as well. I always thought the '65 and '66 full-size Pontiacs carried their size better than the '67 and later ones.

Still, I've got a real soft spot for '64s......

14. buickbelle

buickbelle

You are right about that! Maybe if the three vertical pieces werent there it would be worse, maybe not. I don't see a car like this every day. They are super rare around here, in fact the only one I know of isn't running. Never noticed the three vertical peices on it.

Carrie

15. buickbelle

buickbelle

I think everyone has a favorite year Pontiac. Mine is the 62, I am enclosing a picture of a 62 belongs to a friend of ours in Pa. After Mike lowered ours, we sent him a picture, Bill emailed us right back and told us where we could get parts to put it back to stock highth!! LOL That was a funny conversation when Mike called him.

Carrie

Attached Files:

16. thunderplex

thunderplex

...the red Pontiac in your post is a 1964 model.

17. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Carrie,

I think you secretly prefer '64s. :cool:

I say this because your friend's car is a 1964 model. :eek:;)

The '62s are easly identified by their horizontal headlights, in '63 Pontiac started using the vertically stacked headlight treatment on the full-size Ponchos.

Bart

18. monsterflake

monsterflake

i think the skirts add to the bulky look. i left the side trim on to split the body visually...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Here's one of the most famous Pontiac drag cars, the fully restored '66 GTO Tin Indian.[​IMG]

20. I am of the opinion that these are two of the best looking cars I've seen. And, not ones you will everyday.

Attached Files:

21. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

No arguement from me about that '63 Bonnie! I usually prefer the shorter wheelbase of the Catalina and Grand Prix, but I wouldn't kick that Bonnie out of the garage for dripping oil! Sweet!

22. ThomasC

ThomasC

Here is mine Plain looking but fast![​IMG]

23. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Here's today's offering, a two-owner 1967 Tempest Custom Sprint ragtop... hi-po OHC6/4-speed combo.[​IMG]

24. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Here's tonight's offering...... 1964 Grand Prix. How sweet is this?[​IMG]

25. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

'64s are under-appreciated, IMO. The '65 bodies were supposed to come out in '64 but delays are what they are (curse those damn engineers!) ...so they did some work under the skin and made '63s even better cars (bless those engineers!).

One of the best daily drivers you can have for the money is a '64 Catalina... 4drs are way under priced and they have the widetrack ride that only Pontiac could provide.

26. 1lowbuckrodder

1lowbuckrodder

heres another

Attached Files:

27. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

The best ever underfunded but super designed USA sports car 1988 GT Fiero,when it was eating the ass of the Vet ,GM/Chevy who had tryed to keep Pontiac down for a long time ,killed it before the world got too much wind of it.:( But it was OK if the Vet was in the hole for it's first 6 years,no $ made off Vets:eek:

28. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

I agree.... my folks had a '64 Safari when I was a kid and I loved that car! The styling was great (loved the boomerang taillights and the dash especially) and it could be dressed up nicely, as my brother found out. He added Cragar S/S wheels and McCreary Road Star RWL tires up front and chrome reverse wheels (with the original Pontiac dog dishes..... my idea) with a pair of Mickey Thompson Indy Profile 60s to the rear and REALLY woke up the look of the car! Despite the fact it only had a 389 2bbl engine and "Slim-Jim" tranny, he still managed to wear every bit of tread off those M/Ts in a matter of six months!

I still regret not pouncing on the nice original '64 Safari I stumbled across after I got out of college, but I was saving for my first GTO.

29. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

Today's offering, the follow-up to the '64 I just posted..... 1965 Grand Prix.[​IMG]

30. chico'72

chico'72
    from Belgium

This is mine.
    A '66 catalina, i was thinking to sell it but one of my best friends pulled me over to keep it!!
    Now i'm planning to bag it and put a laces paintjob on the roof together with some subtile scallops on the rest of the poncho...
    maybe some Bellflower tips??

Attached Files:

• item.jpg
      item.jpg
      File size:
      147.4 KB
      Views: