Register now to get rid of these ads!

f-100 I.D.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by budssuperpro, Oct 5, 2010.

1. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

I have a 1955 F-100 V-8 but I don't know what size the motor is .. any help ? I need to rebuild it, but first need the cid. I. D. info please.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. chaddilac

chaddilac

maybe a 292 Y block? Or 352, depends on if it's the stock motor... a pic would help a lot too!

3. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

ill try to get a pic this week sometime it has a 2 barrel on it and prob the orginal motor, it set out in a field for over 20 years , was sunk up to the frame.

4. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Should be a 272.............but who knows for sure after this many years.....if you can spare it being down......best bet would be to take it apart and measure it. May have bben rebuilt/bored previously.

Ray

5. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

as for it being down , its been down for many many years I have had it setting in my shop for 5 years.

thats true although it looks like it never been touch it still has the oil bath air cleaner on it.

6. Early production '55s got the 239 Y block and later ones got the 272. You can get block info & casting number info here: http://www.ford-y-block.com/Block identification.htm

Note that there are two different "kinds" of 239 Y blocks, and they have some internal differences, in case you decide to use it.

7. budssuperpro

budssuperpro

Thanks for the info , ill take a look and post wwhat I fine.

8. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

Unless your into restorations I would scrap that engine in favor of a 302/5.0 SBF. Cheaper, more HP, better trans options, ...the list goes on.