Register now to get rid of these ads!

EZ2Wire wiring harness on auction site?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Terry O, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Terry O

Terry O

Anybody used them? They have a pretty basic kit "made in the USA" for $89 .

Terry

2. sinner13

sinner13
    from Buffalo NY

I just used their 16 circuit kit in my 51...nice stuff.
    Although they offer a few different grades, I believe mine was mid range, easy to follow directions, nice fuse block...Im happy with it.

3. '51Plymouth

'51Plymouth
    from York, PA

I got one a couple years back from eBay--pretty decent quality...here's the catch. If you need ALL new wires you'll want something else. Mine came with the fuseblock, flasher, basic wiring, and instructions. No headlight/taillight/turn signal/brake wires or sockets--all of that stuff either has to be reused from your old stuff (if it was still good why would I need a rewire kit?), or bought new at your local parts store of choice. Next time I'll just shop ezwiring.com...again, no problems with quality, just with completeness...but who knows? Maybe they've added that stuff since then...just a heads up for your question.

Jack

4. jdubbya

jdubbya

Gambino Customs is an alliance vendor, and they are dealers for EZ Wire. I ordered a 12 circuit wire kit from them, and it was here in a week, and cost less than the advertised $145.00 on EZ Wires website. The kit, and Gambino's, are great to work with. -Joe

5. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I bought that excact harness for $89 have not installed it yet but you need a lot of additional stuff to make it work.
    The unit looks good and solid.

6. Terry O

Terry O

Thanks for the quick input. Looks like ez wire from Gambino's and their just down the road apiece.

Terry

7. My '39 has an harness from EZ that was already installed when I got the car. It is complete with everything including wiring for electric fan cooling power windows etc(I have a lot of wires unused). The harness I have has all black wires with what the wire is for printed on it every 8 - 10 inches or so. If I was going to buy one I probably get the colored one from EZ. It is hard to find the right wire sometime when they are all wiretied together.

my 2 cents

8. i put an ezwire in my 51 plymouth and it seems to be a nice piece.

9. I just bought the same kit from an ebay vendor for 125.00 shipped. It was the best price I found. I'm impressed with the quality of the harness. Nice stuff for the price.

10. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

I used a 18 circuit from ez2wire in my 55. Very easy to use, marked every 4 or 5 inches, color coded the works. Nice fuse panel that uses the mini fuses too. Mine was 129.00 so 89.00 sounds like a good deal.No problems with mine

11. Ol Blue

Ol Blue
    from In

My son and I used the EZ wire 21 circuit on our 51 Mercury. Great fuse block, color coded and printed wires were a big help in installation. The only problem we had was that it seemed to be made for the fuse block to be located left of the steering column, which is right where the fresh air vents are located. We moved it over towards the center and then a couple of wires are too short to reach headlight switch and a couple of other connections.

We aren't ready to use all of the wires so we have a couple of fairly large bundles of wire tired up under the dash for later use.

We bought them from EZ Wire and I think the cost was around $165.
    Ol Blue

12. EZ2Wire

EZ2Wire

Thanks for the kind words..

To clarify one thing.. EZ2Wire is a different company than EZ Wiring.

I started out years ago selling EZ Wiring.. I now sell a bunch of different types of harnesses..

From the $79 dollar harnesses, to the full OEM harnesses.

Go to: http://stores.homestead.com/ez2wire/Page.bok?template=wiringfaq

Its a FAQ I wrote to help you select the right harness for your project, along with troubleshooting help as well.

Charles

13. rab71

rab71

I have the EZ Wire 12 ciruit and found that is still too many circuits. :) But it works great! And fairly eazy to install as well. I have a couple charging questions but that wasn't because of the harness...

14. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

I used the 21 circuit mini fuse kit, been over a year and no problems yet.

15. 53burb

53burb

EZ kits are the way to go. The price and installation is easy on the wallet. KNUX!

16. EZ2Wire

EZ2Wire

The $69 - $109 harnesses - The E8 and E12 are like others have noted.. just the fuse panel and limited wiring to the switches. Reuse of chassis wiring is required. If your doing a Rat Rod or Rock Crawler from scratch then you dont need much more wiring. This is good for cars that the overrall wiring is good, but the fuse panel used old glass fuses, or ceramic ones and you really only need to rewire the power center of the harness not the whole car. More work but saves you a lot of money compared to the $300 and up cost of a full Painless harness.

I also carry 22 circuits full harnesses and they are $159 but they do come with all the wiring from the headlights to the taillights. Engine, Dash, etc..

I also sell a complete line of 8, 14, 21 and 26 circuit Kwik Wire harnesses as well. They are heavier duty and are US Made. But a little more expensive. But you get what you pay for, the wires are really thick and and the fuse panel is heavy duty.

The E8 and E12 are also US Made, but the EZ22 is not. It comes from China. For an inexpensive unit, that is hundreds cheaper than Painless its a good harness and a good deal.

Check my site for all my different harnesses and I also have wiring diagrams, and tech tips for rewiring any vehicle. That you can download for free.

www.ez2wire.net

Ever have a question or anything let me know. Contact info on my website.

Charles