Register now to get rid of these ads!

EZ wiring harness question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shoebox72, Mar 28, 2004.

1. shoebox72

shoebox72

I bought an EZ wiring harness a while back fo my 57 Ranchero & I bought the one with the real small fuse panel because I thought I'd be brilliant & mount it so when I opened the ashtray, the fuses would be right there. Anyway, except for a plastic tab off one side that looks like a clip of some sort, there dosent seem to be any way to mout this fuse panel(securely with screws & nuts). Has anyone used this panel & how did you mount it? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Billy

2. 34Fordtk

34Fordtk

How is the back of the panel?? flat,wires coming out? If it is flat how about double sided tape?

3. daddylama

daddylama

I epoxy'd a plastic "L" bracket to both sides, which allowed me to screw it to the panel... Thought it was kinda odd that it dosent come with a way to mount it...

4. shoebox72

shoebox72

The panel will sit flat with the wires coming out one side. This thing isn't going to ride like a new Caddy so I think I'd like something a little more secure than double sided tape.

Any other suggestions?

Billy

5. bustingear

bustingear

Construction glued a 4x5 piece of thick plywood to firewall under dash. Then lag bolted to it. make sure they do not go all the way through!!!!!!! Pre drill for easier screw in. Can also use bondo but does not stick as well.

6. dixiedog

dixiedog

I have a EZ Wire in my 61 truck and it has 2 mounts that i used #8 x 2.5" self tapping screws and mounted it on my firewall. The wires on mine came out the back of the fuse panel.
    Hope this helps - the ashtray idea is pretty cool.

7. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Try "servo tape" from an RC car hobby store...it's double sided thick tape that holds really well...it keeps electrical components on RC cars and planes firmly in place. Just make sure that both surfaces are clean, apply the tape to one surface, then press the component down firmly.

Make sure it's right were ya want it, cuz once you push it into place...it's THERE!

(Of course...there's always VELCRO... [​IMG])

8. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

In the ash tray?
    I would think the ash tray would not be getting full force of road vibrations.
    What about the old, tried, and true Super Glue?
    Again, make sure it is where you want it to be.
    Jim

9. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

I never have any luck with double sided tape, I always use industrial strength velcroe, you have to use two hands to get that shit apart...just my 2 cents

10. shoebox72

shoebox72

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll have to stop by the local mom & pop hardware store & see what I can come up with.
    I don't plan on actually putting it in the ashtray. I'm gonna take the ashtray out & mount it behind the ashtray door.

Billy