Register now to get rid of these ads!

EZ Carlift

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RatRoy, Sep 17, 2009.

1. RatRoy

RatRoy

Has anybody had any experience with the product "EZ Carlift"? It is a mechanical car lift with a capacity of 4,400 lbs. Will raise a vehicle 24" off the floor. It is designed for use in a personal garage. Any one know anything about this product?? :confused:

2. sawzall

sawzall

3. RatRoy

RatRoy

4. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I don't but I'll bet the farm they do on thegaragejournal.com

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. sawzall

sawzall

I would pass @ $1700

for that coin you could buy a powered lift.. kustom777 here on the east coast has one for sale in the classifieds..

i was at an auction tonight where a similiar one (to kustom777's) sold for 700.

If I have a lift.. I'm gonna press a button and watch it go up..I AM NOT GOING TO DRAG OUT MY DRILL AND "POWER IT UP"

SORRY TO BE SO ABRUPT..

6. It lifts with a 3/8 electric drill :confused:

7. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Man, I wouldn't trust that w/ my car. :eek:

I have 2 lifts. I have the 4 post and due to low ceiling I have a Kwiklift too.

I'd rather have a kwiklift (made in USA) than that thing.

http://www.kwiklift.com/features-all.htm

8. 972toolmaker

972toolmaker
    from Garland Tx

Kiwk lift Yes. If you buy one or have one drill and tap for 1/4 28 screw on side op the rotating hole then a hex bolt will act as a set screw to keep the hoop from dropping on you at the worst time. 2 , I finally found a good jack at Northern that has 2 pistons lifts 6000 lbs. and goes low and high enough. I luv mine after I kept it from banging me on my skull.

9. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I welded a saddle on mine so I can jack it up easier & safer.
    I also installed a pin in the tube to keep it from rotating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. RatRoy

RatRoy

Thanks for the quick response. I agree that it costs to much for what it is and I am not sure about how safe it would be. I had a Kwiklift and it was great, it was just to heavy to deal with by myself. I think I will jusy stay with my jack-stands. Thanks again....:)

11. I too would be interested in knowing if anyone has one of these.

I was checking this out as well, as right now I don't have room for a 4 post or two post lift.

My thought is that it appears to be very well engineered, but perhaps too much so as it does not look substantial enough, but then again the four chinese jackstands are probably not much better. I like the thought of being able to stow it easy, and use if for other purposes (shop table etc.)

I know there are now 4 post and 2 post lift safety certifications now on good lifts....I wonder if this product carries any.

12. 3onthetree

3onthetree

I have a very small garage as well, so I got one of these http://www.bendpak.com/bendpak-products/specialty-lifts/MD-6XP.aspx
    I makes life easier and I use a "modified" office chair that is 1 foot high. Pulling a trans is a real hassle though. I had to raise the truck, put it on high jackstands, lower the lift and build a set of tracks for the trans jack to roll back and forth. Even though it has wheels and a dolly to move it around, it takes everthing I got to shove 800lbs across the floor. I had to shove it around earlier this year to make room for the engine crane.

13. I looked at the mid rise lift too. I am concerned about the 4" height, having to build ramps to get over it, and still not having that much room to work under it.
    On another forum I read of a guy using a mid rise lift and he cut his concrete and recessed the lift.

14. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Thanks 972toolmaker for the idea you used on your Kiwk lift. I will tap mine tommorrow. And Steves32 I will make a saddle on mine too. Two more great ideas found on the HAMB....

15. roddinron

roddinron

I have no experience with them, but I can definitely see where something like that would be great for someone with limited space, or needing something portable. But I think it should be selling for about 1/2 that price.
    That other link didn't work for me. http://www.ezcarlift.com/

16. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

I have a quick lift and it is great, use it all the time and park our car on it when not usinging it as a lift. need a mirror in front of it to get on it but other than that it is great,

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  17. You can buy a used regular lift for less money than those sell for, just go to an auction.

18. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

19. chevyshack

chevyshack

I wouldnt mind getting one of those but not for that price. Ive seen lifts for the same price in magazines so i'll pass. Bought my Craftsmen jack, stands and creeper 7 years ago for a hundred bucks. Already lifts that high and alot cheaper.

20. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

with a low ceiling a lift wont work, the quick lift will work

21. cretin

cretin

If you are considering paying that much for it you should check out Direct lift. I got a four post lift for my garage that works great. It even has removeable casters so you can move it around. I put it in the garage if I want to use a chair under it, and roll it out into the driveway if I want to go all the way up.
    http://www.directlift.com/

22. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

I have height limitations in my shop too & I've been real happy with a mid-rise lift in there. I can raise up a car or a project up to about a 3' height for working in relative comfort. When I have to drop a trans, I put the car on a set of big truck stands & drag the lift out of the way.

The best part is that when there's not a car on it, I drop a sheet of plywood on it & I have a huge work table for the small stuff.

23. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

"drill and tap for 1/4 28 screw on side op the rotating hole then a hex bolt will act as a set screw to keep the hoop from dropping on you at the worst time".

Does this serve the same purpose as the pin Steves32 mentioned? I too have a Kwiklift, and will use those ideas. Thank you guys, and thank you H.A.M.B.

24. awoo23

awoo23

The advantage you have with EZcarlift is that its portable and compact. When disassembled you can actually fit in the trunk of a car and take it where ever you need it.

With a traditional lift, you'd have to keep it in one spot.

25. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I bought my Kwiklift used from a friend. About 1 year old & less than 1/2 the price of a new one. I recently sold the 4 post I had at my shop when lease was up. No room at home for it w/ low ceilings.