Register now to get rid of these ads!

EyeballJohn Newbie from NY

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by EyeballJohn, Aug 3, 2010.

1. EyeballJohn

EyeballJohn

Hi Fellow H.A.M.B.'s, just found this site last week, my name is John ( EyeballJohn ) a name that Ed "Big Daddy" Roth gave me but that's another story , I've been Building, Customizing, Restoring cars for 34 years now, OK this next part you should sit down for ( which you should be doing allready if your on your computer) don't Hate me for this but I work during the day Restoring Corvettes, Im a Hot Rodder at heart Really I am !!!, but Ya know its a Livin, I used to do a lot of metal fabrication years ago but for the last 15 years it's been just glass, I just picked up a 50 Merc on E-bay a few days ago, Needs a ton of work, but looking foward to doing some metal work again, the LeadSled juices are flowing again.
    I had a 50 Merc years ago chopped it shaved it leaded it but had to sell it before it was complete, ( family thing ya know ), but Very Happy to have it back and Very Happy I found this site, a lot of Talented people on this forum, on nights and weekends I do my Kustom thing at home, if you want to see some of my work and find out a little more about me check out my web site at WWW.eyeballjohn.com , just realized what H.A.M.B. stands for I thought it ment something like Hammered Altered..... something to do with car building :D, Lead ain't Dead, Later, EyeballJohn

2. Welcome from Michigan

3. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Was that 50 Merc sitting on an Olds chassis? If so I was going to bid on it but forgot, I think you got a great deal. Best of luck with the project and welcome to the hamb.

4. Hey John, welcome to th h.a.m.b.. Like to hear the other story, post it on the main board when you get a chance, there's a lot of Roth fan's here...

5. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Arkansas City, KS.

firstnomad

6. Welcome from So Calif. Home of the West Coast Kustoms Cruisin Nationals

7. EyeballJohn

EyeballJohn

Hello HAMBs, Thanks for the Welcomes, Very Happy to be part of this site, Ton of Great info. on it, to answer a question the Merc I bought on E-bay does have a late GM chassis and floor pan under it, I was tolled it was a Pontiac, I'm hoping that all GM chassis are the same from those years because it also has rot, the work that was done to it needs to be all redone and the lower 3-4 inches of the car are gone, but I only paid $800.00 for it so I'm still Happy to have it, I will post some pics soon.

I have to finish up my latest project a 69 Mako tilt front, wagon rear Vette, I know EEEEYW a Vette but Hay it's a Custom Vette at least.

I'm also going to post my Ed Roth story on the main site, he was a Great guy and I was fortunate to know him and got a chance to work with him, he is missed.