Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eye-Candy...HAMB Weekend Art Show!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BARNETT, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Let's see what automotively inspired masterpieces everyone has been workin' on lately. I'll start with a couple of striped plexi pieces (some of ya'll saw these at Pistons & Paint)....

Attached Files:

2. and another...

Sorry about the crappy pics...I take bad pics and I get anything higher res to post.

Attached Files:

3. Crease

Crease

And what else?

Arent you leaving sumthin out?

4. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

Good stuff DB! Where were you hidin those at. I never saw them at the show. I really dig the "Like Crazy" piece. Its....Like Crazy!
    Ed

5. Crease...shouldn't you be workin'?! [​IMG]

6. Curt Six

Curt Six

I just finished this poster for my buddy's 40th birthday bash...

And it's open to everyone, if anyone local wants to stop down, let me know so I can buy me a beer with you...

Attached Files:

7. My girl got me an airbrush for my b'day, don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to christen it this weekend. Wish me luck and maybe I'll post pics next Fri. [​IMG]

8. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]
    My girl got me an airbrush for my b'day, don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to christen it this weekend. Wish me luck and maybe I'll post pics next Fri. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get soe of that hypo-alergenic non-toxic body paint and practice on your girl...that's what she got it for anyway!

Then post the pictures?...! [​IMG]

9. Elrod

Elrod

I saw that "Like Krazy" piece at the PnP show. He didn't have the Like Crazy on there yet. It had a post-it note saying that he would customize the center with anything you wanted. I do like the "Like Krazy"

Cool stuff! Thanks for postin' it!

10. D Picasso

D Picasso

beautiful work, Dan'l.

I'm tellin' you- you got the goods.

11. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Nice piece Curt! I grew up in Essex, so "Little" Pat's Dad was one of my local heros......."Wacky Mac" used to tune his Pro Stock Camaro running up and down Orems Rd......

Here's what I've done with Johnny Ace's "Skate Fink" (shitty photo.I was still in pain.... [​IMG])
    [​IMG]

Close up...Note: The truck isn't bent, my arm was, the yellow lettering isn't messed up, it was still bleeding and it's not bruised under his tail, it's shading. Guy did a great job I think? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Guys like you inspire me Dan. Still practicing. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Curt Six

Curt Six

Skate Fink - Orems Road is still used for all kinds of shake downs...and "Big" Pat is STILL a local hero! When I first knew him about 8 years ago he spent 5 hours (up until 2:30 am) the night before Thanksgiving helping me rebuild the 3-speed for my nailhead so that I could make it down to Florida with them the next day for the Turkey Run. Hell of a nice guy...and HELL of a mechanic. You should stop down to the party at Sylvester's and say hey (that's his and Little Pat's bar).

And the skate fink looks great!
    Curt

14. painted this big guy back a few months ago but recently sold it at Pistons and Paint to Hamber JK from OKC, just wanted to publically say thanks J & T!!!

Attached Files:

15. BensonStripes!

BensonStripes!

Nice job guys...Hamilton--that thing rocks!

16. Nice stuff, as usual! Thanks for the compliments everyone. Hami...F.U. Franky is awsome! I'm not sure everyone can tell, but ol' F.U. is about 7' tall! Really cool...show-off. [​IMG] How the hell did you get the pic to post that large? You can see how small mine are. [​IMG]

17. i`ve got to put my hands up here and publically admit i`ve never really `got` the idea of pinstriping...i`ve sat and watched weirdo watts for ages at shows and been totally impressed with how he does it, but thought it kinds looks the same as the next guys (dont slate me for my naivity [sp])but that after seeing that first piece posted by dan i think i`m finally begining to understand...that is f*****g awesome

monkey

18. i have to add that even though i dont know a lot about it i`m taking my wifes scooter to weirdo to have some of his designs added

monkey

19. Wow! Mighty high praise from you, Surf Monkey! That piece was just kind of a late night-panel jam-break in a new brush-experiment with color-kinda thing.

20. dan believe me , credit where credits due....if i could ship my wifes scooter over to you...i`d get you copy that on it....no doubt!!

monkey

21. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster

Great stuff as usual guys. One of these days I'll get my ass in gear and create something post-worthy.

Hey Barnett - The best way to get big pictures with small file size is through a program like Adobe Imageready. You can take a huge Photoshop file or .jpg and whittle it down to almost nothing without losing a whole lot of quality. It gives you a 4-up preview, so you can play with different formats too. Let me know if you need any info or help. I may not know much, but what I do know I'm willing to share [​IMG]

22. Daddy-O

Daddy-O

OK, some more pinstriped art......

Attached Files:

23. Daddy-O

Daddy-O

Sorry the pic is so small. Here's another.....

Attached Files:

24. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

Nice stuff! Love the FU Frankie, Nothin new here this week, here's an older one from the files I don't think i've posted before. [​IMG]

25. drgnwgn289

drgnwgn289

The newest thing I have to show off is on a flyrite chopper. I did the pistripes on the black one on their home page...

26. Crease

Crease

Really great stuff guys, keep postin por favor.

27. Anybody else have anything?

Here's another one I did at P&P. Not my design...the guy had it tattooed on his arm and wanted it on his trunk. His monkey...my simplified shading. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

28. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

WOW!!!!!!!! You dudes blow me away!!!!!ALL OF YOU....AWESOME WORK!!!!!!!!!

29. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Jake you did an awesome job. Two more bikes are ready for you, Do you have time???

-Jason [​IMG]

30. autocol

autocol

Barnett, do you have photoshop? if so, in the file menu there's a function called "Save for Web" that allows you to keep good sized (as in hieght and width) pictures that are small (as in file size)...

have a go at that...

hamilton.... sweet as...