Register now to get rid of these ads!

External trunk latch.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JoeNational, Oct 5, 2010.

1. JoeNational

JoeNational
    from nc

Ok, so I have done some searching and cannot find exactly what I'm looking for.

I have an issue with my deck lid on my 31 A. It does not have a latch system (custom trunk since it was body dropped) but I was thinking of going with an external latch, kind of like what you would see on luggage. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or been done plenty of times where this is an actual part I could purchase that has a good fit. All I know is when I hit a bump I dont want my decklid bouncing.

[​IMG]

2. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

YOu could run the leather straps that Eric from Hot Rod Leather makes. He is on the HAMB and a very kool guy. Here are the straps he made for a friend of mine's Dodge he used to have. Great craftsmanship on them

[​IMG]

If I did this right this links over to Eric on here...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/member.php?u=46997

Cheers
    RustyNCA

3. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Outside? Seems like a preference to me. With all of the aftermarket latches available, inside latch would be no more difficult to mount than outside.