Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Extending a f1 column?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, Jul 30, 2018.

1. so was curious what you guys thought.

I have a f1 column in my 29 coupe that I shortened,well over the years the car has got channeled and more chop,I've gotten older and less tolerant also, I'm going to be ditching the bench seat in favor of aluminum buckets with pads to get me a little lower and back farther, I've got long legs and big feet and I just can't manage holding the throttle pedal anymore.

But with the seat change I'll be a ways away from my steering wheel, I really don't want to hunt down another coulomn and start over again. I run a moon dished wheel so it's not like I can change to a dish wheel. I also plan on keeping that wheel. Is there any ideas on how to make a detach wheel mount and or making the adapter longer? Middle of the wheel nut would be an issue too. Would really like to NOT cut back into the column again as it would be hard to get in the car and more work

2. No replies huh?

I’ve found that I need a quick detach type of wheel for my f1 column, any advice? Maybe I could extend it out a bit somehow.

My 2 things I’d like to address is,getting in and out easier and extending the column just a bit to move my seat back a little

3. KustomKreeps

KustomKreeps

I would say buy a new column that suits.
    Or get on the lathe and machine up a new adapter.

Here in NZ we have rather tight laws around steering columns. Welding on them is a huge NO.