Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Extended cab Model A truck out of a Tudor Sedan?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by txoldrodder, Dec 1, 2016.

1. 55styleliner

55styleliner

Best looking one I ever saw was a ‘29 with ‘27 T coupe quarter windows used to extend it.

2. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

yup...
    longer doors are the catz azz on a model A...
    if using '32 rails a 2.5" longer door would make the body fit great on them... my $0.02.

3. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Or just eliminate the window completely...

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. Nailhead A-V8

Nailhead A-V8

my '27 Essex two door sedan was a "gas ration" truck ...a wwII modification done to many many vehicles in order to turn them into a truck for farm use...thus qualifying for extra fuel rations...some were done brutally with an axe and most had some kind of hand made wooden bedsides and/or deck but some had finesse...mine was cut vertically just behind the doors down to the body beltline then sliced horizontally along the beltline the rear roof section (aft of side windows) with rear wndo was brazed back on along with a galvanized panel to fill in the wood/cloth roof area...instead of a box was the 2 door 1/4s so it still had the typical '20's bolt in rear panel this was turned into the "tailgate" imo it looked much more congruous than sticking a truck box on would have...almost like a lost prototype

5. IRION29

IRION29
    from Alberta

What truck?

6. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Here is mine, mocked up.
    Model T coupe with the deck area removed and a pickup box added.
    Wheel base 116" and great leg room.

Attached Files:

7. Gasser 57

Gasser 57
    from New Jersey

I have never seen one done with better looking proportions than the 34 extended cab pickup that Speedway sells in fiberglass. They look like something that might have been factory if you didn't know any better. Here's a pic of one in progress from a for sale ad on the hamb. I'd love to have one in steel though!
    [​IMG]

8. 1931stude

1931stude

31 studebaker 4 door,rear doors cut down to make quarter windows, 20190612_161518.jpg the few extra inches of legroom makes it driveable. Good luck,have a few constuction photos if you proceed .

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  9. 1ton

1ton

The 4" stretched door looks great. Hardly noticeable. And maybe add the tri five chevy wing windows to boot. Those are about 4" and could use the stock size door glass as well.