Register now to get rid of these ads!

Exploring Arizona- abandoned, wrecked cars & trucks, old hiways, etc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by applekrate, Feb 9, 2012.

1. We did not find any abandoned vehicles on our Verde Valley area road trip but, also stopped in at this antique/junk shop. My trusty '66 GTO was the primary transportation for the trip. I hope to retire this car soon as I have several others under consruction but, for now, the '66 gets me where I need to go and does not complain much. Thank you to Keith for the photos.

[​IMG]

This late 1940's wrecked Pontiac front end was among the massive quantity of misc stuff in the place

[​IMG]

So was this 5 window coupe

[​IMG]

There is a 50's looking diner next door with a 1950ish chev parked out front too.

Model T1 likes this.
  2. snaptwo

snaptwo

Old railroads , now we are talking ! One of my favorite trips with my grandkids is Ely ,NV and the Great Northern RR , stay in the old Hotel Nevada and then go to Lehman Caves . Great Northern is the remnants of Kennecott Copper's pit to mill line. On special occasions they break out the "ghost locomotive" a steamer that was saved by the shop personel even after Kennecott bean counters ordered it scrapped. We are blessed with a great deal of history in our western states and it is great adventure to just explore. Spence

Model T1 likes this.
  3. Curly5759

Curly5759
    from Aridzona

That is a Plymouth, 1950 IIRC. My dad had one like it.
    Sorry I missed this, I would have enjoyed meeting you guys. I live close by.
    Another way to see the train is to meet it along the tracks. 4wd required. :D

Curly

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  4. chromeazone

chromeazone

I visited that junk/consignment store in old Cottonwood about a month ago. Fun place for scrounging but like most "thrift/junk" shops, always too pricey for my budget. Lots of cool signs (gas station, etc.), but not much in automotalia. Nice Nash bathtub grille in the back, as I recall.

5. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

That store also has a nice pile of old anvils and tools. Oh yeah, I think the price on that smashed sideways coupe was only $700!

6. im so diggin this thread ..... =)

7. mopacltd

mopacltd

Great thread....keep 'em coming!

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Man, he told me 1200.00! Musta thought the market would bare it...

9. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

$1200?!?! I've been there and seen that car and it looks about as good as it does in the pic. Although I've seen some pretty bad stuff get fixed on here!

10. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Maybe he forgot to wash the chalk off the running boards. There's a few pics of that bucket, and some other junk from that area in one of my threads... post #87

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443990&page=5

^^^^^Clicky click up here ^^^^^

11. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Attached Files:

Model T1 likes this.
  12. phat rat

phat rat

13. mopacltd

mopacltd

Applecrate, you and the crew going out in the cold hiking this weekend?

15. mopacltd

mopacltd

16. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

That caddy should buff out! :eek: Hope there was no one in it when it made its way down there!

17. squirrel

squirrel

When I was a little kid, when we'd drive up Mt Lemmon (in tucson) I'd see a car at the bottom of the first hairpin turn. It was there for decades. Wonder if it's still around?

18. This is in Jerome down below the town looking from the mine

Attached Files:

19. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Like this??

[​IMG][/URL]

20. squirrel

squirrel

No, much older, and it's a car.

21. Those are all gone. Army came in about 1989-90 and did helicopter excerises with taking them out. And of late the road has been redone all the way to the top and is wider so what was left was crushed and covered up with the construction.

22. We have made some trips but, nothing organized. Will probably be putting something together in the coming weeks.
    Have been busy putting together a few cars to sell and working on my events for 2014- to be announced soon.

23. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Wow! Az looks like a fun place to live after all!

24. My in-laws live in Coolidge. I remember seeing remains and even vehicles down deep drop offs while out sight seeing.

Streetrods maybe driven by Chevy, but hotrods are powered by FORD!

25. Cusco

Cusco
    from Europe

Yes indeed! Great!

:)

26. RayMiller

RayMiller

Hey applekrate I tried sending you a pm but it won't go thru, had an ot question for you. Ray

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Ray,
    I do not get to pms often. If you wish to contact me, best to call or email direct
    [email protected] or 480-899-7873
    take care

28. We went out today to do a little checking on the some things, not really intending to explore new stuff but, ended up finding a bunch of cool stuff including this 2 dr car. Not sure exactly what it is but, may be a '36 Olds or something close to that. More info as I get time.
    It is so neat to just be out looking and finding an abandoned 75ish year old car!
    [​IMG]

Model T1 likes this.
  29. mopacltd

mopacltd

Found a '57 2 door post I am working on buying today in Phoenix.

30. cac646

cac646

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402703532.288839.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1402703553.987266.jpg

Here's a couple that look like they used to be part of the town dump. Now pushed over and rotting.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!