Register now to get rid of these ads!

exhaust ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sawbuck, Jun 26, 2009.

1. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

34 ford truck exhaust ...i plan on running mufflers under the floor boards, outside of the X member..they will be under the seat..what do you think will my floors get too hot ??...any one with early fords run them there??thanks sawbuck

2. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

it would get warm enough to be bothersome.
    My suggestion would be some header wrap and the silicone spray.

the process is pretty easy. first, spray the rattle can stuff on the pipe good and thick. run until it dries. soak the wrap in water, wrap and secure it, and run it again until it dries. allow for it to cool, then saturate the wrap with the spray. this time, You allow it to dry "au natural", then run it in again.

When You use this process, the wrap is there for good, and You can reach up and damn near hold onto the pipe while the engine is running- it makes that big of a difference.

all of the above stuff is avalible from D.E.I. pretty cheap, too.

will help save the transmission, also.....

3. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Most OEM standards are 40 mm clearance to body surfaces. If you put anything as far as a heat sheild in place, put it on the body side so if you ever change the exhaust for any reason, it is ALREADY there. You can also run Dynomat or one of those types on your floor.