Register now to get rid of these ads!

exhaust issue: 235 with new fentons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54LedSled, Aug 29, 2013.

1. 54LedSled

54LedSled

I just recently acquired some Fenton headers that I am going to put on my 235 in my 54 Chevy.

The plan is since I'm in a dinky two car garage is to put the headers/heat plate and bolt it all down myself...then take it to an exhaust shop to do all the piping and such.

Question is what's the easiest way to get the car, without towing it, to a muffler shop? Can I drive it without causing damage to the motor?

Anyone with advice that has had to do this?

2. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

I drove mine with straight headers on a brand new motor, the only real issue might be the headache from that sweet music!!!

3. drive that bitch and make it like it

4. 'Mo

'Mo

I hooked up some temporary straight down pipes on my '49 for the drive to the muffler shop.
    (You don't want to torch anything under the hood.)

5. 54LedSled

54LedSled

The muffler shop I'm trying to take it to is less than 2 miles away from my house. Just want to be sure I won't mess anything up.

6. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

wont hurt a thing. shoot i drove one of my first builds (OT 78 chevy truck) around the farm for about 3 years on long tube headers without any tubing behind it. doesnt hurt a thing

7. 61 chevy

61 chevy

I just did it about 4 miles, on open exhaust, its ok , for a short run

8. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Great, thanks guys for the reassurance. I can't wait to open this 235 up a bit :)