Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Everyone ok ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grits, Feb 29, 2012.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man on man, can't Missouri get a brake!!!! Terrible.

2. It goes with the territory friend. Every or any place you decide to live is going to have its down side. All you can do it roll the dice and hope it doesn't come snake eyes.

3. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

We in OZ got high winds and some hail, but no damage. Wife unit told me to get the two pups out and head to the basement. I need to spend more time down there, away from her.

4. Willy301

Willy301

We had some strong thunder storms in the night, looks like the storm system that produced this is headed our way next...and we already have tornado watches happening now...

5. The news said 9 dead and dozens injured, a mess for sure.

6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Isnt it early in the year for tornadoes? I thought they happened more in the summer. Hope everyone is ok. That sounds pretty bad.

7. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

I was sadened to hear of the loss of life due to the latest storm around in this neck of the woods, it did however prompt me to order another NOAA Weather Radio, my last one died last year from lighting, I live out in the country, the nearest warning siren is 5 miles away and no way will you hear it. I just figured $45.00 is well worth it.
    Tis the season like the Beaner says!

8. Missed us at Lake Pomme De Terre but did alot of damage South in the Buffalo MO. area

9. :eek:

10. You're closer than I am did Lebanon get it good or just minor stuff. You watch springfield Television right? What are they saying?

11. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

It's a little early, in tornado alley here in the US they can happen any time of the year. We had a big one December 5 one year in Tulsa.

12. Ole don

Ole don

Harrisburg Illinois, about two miles south of the drag strip, an EF 4 hit and took six and injured a hundred. The town is a mess.

13. richie rebel

richie rebel

strong winds,a few trees down,thats about it in pgh pa.......

14. It's an Iron Lord thing - that and unicorns! ;)

I hope everyone is ok. Looked BAD on the news.

15. flathead okie

flathead okie

Survived one in 85, in a mobile home. My family and Brothers and Sister's families all lived through it. They were in mobile homes too. Homes got destroyed and everyone but one got away without a scratch. Sister had a few scratches. Put 11 people(one expecting) in a 77 Dodge sedan and drove 20 miles to town. Found out then it was actually 3 tornadoes and they hit the next town , Morris Okla., and killed 11 people, some I knew from high school.
    Ordered a tornado shelter asap. Moved twice since then, and have had one installed every time.

Tornado's are nothing to take light of,never know when one is gonna hit, day or night.
    Hope everyone is OK. This type of thing will change your life, if you survive one.
    Storms have a whole new meaning.

16. heheheheheheh

Hope everyone is ok.

17. The weather here in central Arkansas felt uncomfortable to me because it was too warm and way too damn humid. My sidewalks and sandstone patio were sweating---and that makes me nervous about what the weather is going to do.
    I've been in Arkansas since 1985, and I think I've seen a tornado in almost every month of the year down here over the course of the years. If you move away because of that, then you move to a place that has a different kind of weather or ground type disaster potential. Gamble with what you know how to deal with and have homeowners insurance.

18. henry29

henry29

Same storm passed 9 miles south of here, Lots of homes destroyed.

The tornado took nearly the exact same path as the last one we had that killed 22 people 6 years ago.

19. D-Day

D-Day
    from NW Ohio

Tornadoes can happen any time of year, technically - if the conditions are right. It's just that the conditions are more favorable during certain times of the year.

The south tends to get more tornadoes, if they get them, in the early, early spring like this, for example. Hell, we've had January and early February outbreaks. It shifts a bit throughout the season, but it is not a rule. March is popular for Missouri. Remember March 12th, 2006?

Another one of my money hole hobbies is storm chasing. But I haven't been out west in a while.

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My heart goes out to those affected by the storms.

21. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

feel lucky here in central mo. alot of wind but no damage.

22. henry29

henry29

I hope everyone's OK today,
    looks like lots of wide spread damage around here with dozens of tornadoes.

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Dude, you're only a couple hours away and we've had tornado watches and warnings off and on all week.

24. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

Yea, this is tornado season. I just hope this year pales in comparission to last year!

25. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Folks in TN and AL are feeling the pain too. God bless 'em all.

26. Gman0046

Gman0046

We dodged a bullet today. tornados hammered southern Indiana and just south of us in Kentucky. By the grace of God we weren't affected. They are saying there are several deaths, many injuries and people missing along with all kinds of homes, schools and businesses destroyed. Now that the storms and tornado's have passed, pictures are starting to appear on the local news. The destruction is mind boggling. In Indiana one town Marysville, is reported to be completely destroyed. They even reported a 2-3 year old child was found in a field, they don't know where her parents are. They also showed people looking for missing family members. The hail was up to baseball size. Can you imagine what type of damage cars received?
    Prayers sent to those who were touched by this disaster.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  27. Gman0046

Gman0046

28. Harry o

Harry o
    from Georgia

Its a good idea to post when thers bad weather in the area ... Its turning bad in Alabama and moving toward Ga & Tennessee ... GET A FLASH LIGHT AND KEEP IT CLOSE BY ...