Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever traded projects or cars with anybody tell your story?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky_1974, Jul 15, 2011.

1. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

So I have thinned the herd a bit and am feeling good, but realized I had 3 20-30's roadster projects and that those were the only non-driving cars I owned. My wife pointed out that I don't really need 3 roadsters and asked what was my plans. I thought about it and she is right, but I don't really want to sell any of them and it got me thinking maybe someone else is in a similar place with some of their projects and we should just trade projects.

Well, I looked on the board and see a lot of requests for trades but don't see any that ended in a result which got me thinking do people ever actually do this or is the concern that you might give more than you get too big of an issue.

So if you have swapped cars or projects (not parts that happens a lot) chime in with your story as I would be interested to see what you thought afterwards.

2. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yes.

I traded 2 O/T cars for 1 O/T project, and another O/T car for parts for that project and some money.

After spending some time and money I now have 1 licenced and insured driveble vehicle instread of 3 non running ones.

I'm happy about that...

3. bubba57

bubba57
    from k

Traded an O/T pickup for my 64 Galaxie. Swapped my 54 dodge project for an O/T daily with nice wheels and some spare parts. 53 ford 2dr sedan,no engine/trans for a 66 chevy truck that ran and drove plus an extra engine(turned out to be junk). Kept the engine and trans from the 66, traded the body for a 51 chevy truck, then swapped that for a partially restored 68 Chevy short step(anyone want it). I almost prefer trading sometimes. Thats just a start.......

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I traded a steel T bucket basket case for a 52 Chevy truck that "runs great". truck ended up with a dead cylinder :mad::( so I sold it. thought I was trading a pallet of parts for something I could cruise around town in.

when it was all said and done I did make money off the whole deal, but I never should have done it.

I was all ready to trade a nice 65 Falcon for a very clean, black on black 87 Malibu with fat rally wheels. hard to imagine but it was a very cool looking car in black. at the time they were both worth about the same... Falcon would be worth much more today. at the last minute the guy bailed on the deal because his wife did not want to drive a 3-speed on the column.

5. I traded a Harley Night Rod Special for a Shelby Cobra Clone that I traded for a 41 Ford Pick up that I traded for a 63 Falcon Convertible. All in about 2 months.
    No regrets (of course there was some money flying around in those trades as well)

Also traded my 31 Tudor Sedan for a 63 Nova SS327 that traded for a 56 Ford Fairlane with a 460. All were very nice done cars.

My Anglia I got in a trade for a 68 ElCamino SS396

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  6. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

traded a 79 trans am with a 455HO for a 04 Wrangler, traded the wrangler for two foxbody mustangs, traded one of the mustangs for a 54 chevy 210, traded the 54 for a 27 dodge roadster and a 64 nova, then traded the nova for a 50 fleetline.....now i'm left with my 90 ssp mustang, 50 fleetline and 27 dodge roadster:)

7. Never2low

Never2low

Soooooooo, you're sayin you need an AD Chevy pick-up project, for one of them roadster projects, huh? ;);)

8. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

I just sold a AD chevy pickup project...a suburban though:D

9. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Cool stuff guys keep them coming...

10. Never2low

Never2low

Awe shucks!

11. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I bought a '41, and a '39 Ford Pickup from an old guy. The '41 was in pieces right down to the bare frame. The '39 was a bare body on a rolling chassis. Bolted the '41 together and traded it for a '40 Tudor DeLuxe in pretty much the same condition. Then traded them both and threw in a 327 camel Head SMC, for a nice driving '41 Ford Fordor.
    I see more trading than buying these days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011