Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever piss off your SO?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Apr 6, 2013.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I can honestly say my wife is great about it... She is all about the road trips for parts and cruising around in it. She smiles when people watch as we drive by. i see some white knuckles if my foot is really into it... she has rode in some OT cars that ive had, and some seriously insane OT diesel trucks, She loves everything about it.. I'm a lucky guy .

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  2. I dunno... my bro had a very stout 327 in a GMC with the SM420. He'd wind it up and drop the clutch in 1st gear, whatta holeshot. I was uncomfortable sitting in the cab riding shotgun the first time I had the experience, cool to see him dust off some pretty hot cars though.

Bob

3. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

yea my wife of 30yrs together is tuned into it! she used to race with me in my old goats, she loves it and if i give her wine it just makes the night funner !!!!

4. Both my inlaws were not car people. I'd take a ramp at 25 mph and they're both, whoa.. slow down, we're not on a race track!

My wife's sister is the same way, but she's a white-knuckle driver even though she drives 80 miles a day back 'n forth to work. My OT Mustang terrified her. So now I refuse to drive when any of them are in town. I even made my wife's sister take a cab from the train station when she came to visit since I was the only one home.... did not go over big with the wife, but I made my point.

Bob

5. BillyM

BillyM

Nope, I'm one of the REALLY lucky ones! She's ok with my driving, wrenching, never gives me grief for any of my habits!....as she says, she always knows where I can be found!

6. castirondude

castirondude

Ha ha, yea I rode with a guy once he was just going sideways through blind corners on a twisty mountain rd, no seat belts and slick vinyl seats, just held on with my hand to the bottom of the seat!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

(On the ride to COBO for Autorama)

GF: Why are you driving so slow?
    Me: Baby, I'm doing 75.
    GF: Make it 85....*Looks over with a smile*

She's a keeper.

8. castirondude

castirondude

My wife is great, the only thing she can't stand is loud bangs. One time I had a crazy ignition problem (eventually found I had pinched a wire under the valve cover) and it would cause the ignition to cut out periodically. over the period of a few months I blew up 3 sets of mufflers, split both of em wide open! She didn't like that truck after that! But now that I fixed it she's ok again.

When you really love someone you think everything about them is great. I threw a few rattle cans in our burn barrel yesterday just because I think her response is so cute, hehe. Walk 1/4 mile away covering her ears. Poof!
    (Well, OK actually I did it because then I can recycle the metal.)

9. RoryShock

RoryShock
    from Western TN

My wife very rarely rides in my truck - she freaks out way too easy IMHO. She jokes a lot about my "Milwaukee street driving", so she's usually good natured about it at least.

She's tolerate of my hobbies and projects, even more so when can't see them. She likes the concept of old cars, but reality is very different. If it were up to her we'd only have cars that never saw a spot of rust.

10. castirondude

castirondude

Nice! If it's your car they should not complain about it. I always can't stand it when people dictate or blatantly change heat and a/c settings. If you're hot, take off some clothes. Best to have a car with no A/C.

Every once in a while I'm also uncomfortable with someone's driving, mostly people who tailgate. But I won't comment.

11. jpgraphics

jpgraphics

Mine rode on the motorcycle ONCE......ONCE.

;)

JP

12. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

Why would you paint headers in the oven?:):rolleyes:

13. cryptkepper

cryptkepper
    from louisanna

Reference to pissed off wife, Subect EXWIFE she was jealous of any attention My car would get or any positlive feed back from anyone if she was with me! So she would go with me to most of the cruise night function or bike and car show cause I do both custom Harley and hotrods. If caught an attitude I would adjust it with fear, I had a 1968 vet with a 572 bib block muncie 4 spd and 9" rearend set up like a grandsport with 8" flares in the rear and 6"in the front needles it had piss your pants power, hence she often need clean underware. Makes me wonder what was I thinking when I married her. My new wife is a custom and speed freak and loves the power so I happy!!!

14. AeroTRrat

AeroTRrat

NeedLouvers?: Quote of the day, man!

15. I was on the phone with my mom the other day. They were driving back from dinner. My mom in her Chevy, my dad in his diesel. All of a sudden I can barely hear her over the sound of her exhaust, She says hold on and throws the phone on the passenger seat. I can hear my fathers turbo starting to spool all of a sudden there is a roar of a v-8, the whine of a big turbo and lots of squealing from the tires and my mother. My mom was drag racing my father. She picks up the phone laughing hysterically saying next time she is going to switch trucks before they race. My dad has a keeper.

16. you bake headers in the over to make the paint cure on them.

17. fsae0607

fsae0607

I've pissed off my wife this year by putting off house repairs to get my truck ready for Viva.

But, as soon as she got to ride in it and enjoyed hanging out at the car show, all is well. She even bought me a shifter knob at Viva. Worked out, I guess!

18. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

I usually just get "you're embarrassing" or "grow up". My wife called me one day after driving my SS saying "somethings wrong with your car". My immediate reaction was "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!!".She says it just made a really loud noise when I was merging. After questioning het for a bit come to find out it was just WOT. Lol

19. Scared my wife a little with my OT Duster back in the day - the I let her drive it - ear to ear grin on her and she wouldn't let off and I had to bump the slapstick up into 2nd when I saw 6500 on the tach (I never had it over 6200 before that). She scared me a little with my own car!

20. 1959apache

1959apache

Nope, mine is a natural born hot rodder. She's an agressive driver when she needs to be, always defensive driver, and loves the sound of an engine hauling ass down the road... which she makes a point of pretending she is drag racing at every light. She has only O/T cars with low HP, but really wants her own hot rod. That is next on the list.

Funny story though, I finally got the '64 C10 fixed took it on a half hour test drive, even down the highway without any problems.... park it in the driveway, shut it off.... I go ask the wife if she wants to go for a ride... she says "SURE!" So we get out there, the engine revs after starting it for a second then idles back down... then I drop it into reverse and it slams into gear, engine revs to over 2k and I shut it off... then I lost all power all 2 feet from my driveway in the street. (starter solenoid shorted out, took out the diode on the alternator, and messed up some of the wiring). She helped me push it in and says "we should have bought something more reliable". I told her that I only have under 300 bucks into in it for repairs and she was amazed of how cheap it was... (I have thrown new brakes all the way around, new rear shocks, a bunch of replacement parts for lights, lenses, etc., slip yoke, u-joints, carrier bearing, and full tune-up on the engine, and rebuilt the carb.... then said, just spend what you need in order to get fixed so its reliable... that was the end of the conversation... cool lady.

4 days later after fixing other problems I took her for her first ride and she was surprised with how nice it was to be in, how well it ran and started. Then we got the old car wave from some dude in a badass '63 C10 on our way back from the local drive-in diner and she was really excited about that. I think she has the bug now... and yes, I corrupted her.

21. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife like manual transmissions in the cars and that can mean only one thing. Burn'um and Churn'um.

22. I used to let my girl take mine for the day, she enjoyed driving it. Too bad she was a bitch otherwise.

23. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

Ha! Mine is a little asian girl... and drives a 56 Olds and a 29 pick up.... Her driving scares the shit out of me! I've never seen someone enter a freeway sidesways at 70 6 feet in front of a brand new BMW... when I asked her about it she said what BMW... too much dust for me to see behind me... not my fault this cars so fast...

24. BLUMEANIE

BLUMEANIE
    from St. Louis

My ex-wife liked my cars so long as she thought they made her look good, which wasn't often unless it was expensive and european.
    My current girlfriend points out other cars mid-sentence while we're driving and often tells me to hand the collar poppin' d-bags their asses at traffic lights. Honestly, she only gets pissed when I get crazy in the new Volvo. ...which is odd because it's probably the safest car on the road.

25. Now mind you, my old car was no where need the speed of what you have but ....

My wife is not in to speed,etc, etc, but likes - read that tolerates - my old cars. She is nuts for my roadster though - just asked when we're going for another ride in it - go figure?!

Anyway, I had a 62 Impala 409/409, 4-speed, the works, that I had assembled myself. Of course the lighter, newer cars could beat me at the light and get a car length ahead (my front bumper was even with their rear bumper) but I'd stay with 'em through the gears. When we went for a cruise in that car my wife would always ask jokingly if she would need her "neck brace" that night - she asked that after the first cruise in the car and we weren't even a mile from home when I had my first "encounter"! She was scary pissed the first time but kind of made a joke of it afterward as the "fear" of it all to her wore off. Of course I always responded yes to her question as we would always have at least one "episode" of street racing .... after that first time she always had a smile on her face throughout .... :)

26. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

I know, I've done it and she didn't think it was cute either. I was making fun of the wording. Kind of like the Amish when they say; "Throw the horse over the fence some hay."

Last time I scared the Ex (before she became my Ex) she got revenge by hitting the air horn while I had my head under the hood. I still have the scar from that one.

27. A few years ago my wife and I are returning from Sears in my 1963 Ford Falcon Ranchero where they had a sale on small roll around tool boxes, Wanted one for the side yard so I did not have to keep running back into the garage for tools. We turned down the road next the El Cajon speedway, so as to avoid the traffic lights, and guess what they had just paved the road!!! I stopped and looked at her and said" New asphalt" and she said "what does that mean?" I just smiled and said once again "New Asphalt" Wound it up and dumped the clutch!!! After about 100 ft of black marks through 1st and 2nd she just smiled and said OK I see!! Gotta love her!!

28. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Took mine out for a demo in the 65 GTO we owned,....married 3 years at the time,...She was hooked !!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

29. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

My wife is OK with the Hot rods and has even learned to enjoy them. She doesn't take too kindly to "fast starts" or "powerslides" so I TRY to keep those manuevers to a minium. She WILL NOT ride on the back of the Harley but I don't blame her. She has her own bike and just like me, she can't handle the feeling of someone else in control on two wheels!

30. Partsman2012

Partsman2012