Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever look at the user list?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 296 V8, Aug 24, 2004.

1. [ QUOTE ]

Seriously, my take?
    Just chill out and be yourself. I don't like all the arguing and bickering, but I love differences in opinion. I do wish people would accept them a little more intelligently, but what can I do?

It is what it is and the HAMB is the HAMB. Love it or hate - I do both all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
    All it takes is a little common courtesy!!some manners!and some fore-thought as opposed to hindsight!!
    Not to mention, thats why God invented "smileys" [​IMG]

2. I was lurking for over a year before posting. Saw all the newbies crash and burn after some shit(I mean s-asterisk-hit) was tossed at them. I like to observe and learn the ropes before I make an ass out of myself, as I end up doing. No matter how the business is conducted, this place is one freakin valuble source of information. Just keep it up!-MIKE [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Morrisman

Morrisman
    from England

[ QUOTE ]
    1200 people whith nothing to say?I think there would some topic that would interest them?I posted like 3 sec´s after I registered,it´s great to discover so many guys/gals that likes the same shit as me! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

They must be skurd to come in, in case somebody tears them a new asshole for not dotting their 'i's or crossing their 'T's.

Open letter to all lurkers: Grow some nuts and come on in! [​IMG]

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

My advice to anyone that is lurking. You've got to make the plunge just like the first time you jumped off the diving board. The water is actually fine even with the BS. I know I lurked for awhile before posting, it was Hatch's and Fuelpumps fault I'm here so you can blame (shoot) them when you see them. This board has some great knowledge and guys like av8, C9, Rocky and many others can get you out of a jam with just a holler. I'm not singling them out, just giving some examples. SamIam does some great posts on building stuff that every HAMBr should be able to do and there are many others.
    It is impossible to properly thank Ryan for this place but everyone that contributes is giving something to make it what it is. Bid on an auction, buy a T-shirt, contribute a few bucks, share the knowledge, this place will not only survive but get better with age.

Frank

5. tanker1

tanker1
    from OK

I'm one of those with only 1 or 2 posts. But I read the Hamb every day! Does that count? I enjoy the old Ford hot rod stuff that I fooled around with when I was a kid. My hot rod Ford running days stopped when I went in the Army in 1963! So I'm trying to catch up on the trends and the lingo. I've down loaded many pics of rods and the tech. being used to build them to file away for when and if I ever get the chance to build an old time rod. The recent post about the 265 chevy engine and the discussion was very interesting for me. I'm re-doing a 55 Bel Air. Hate to say restore because I'm doing it my self and I may not be that good! But I'm having fun, OK! It is a great site, in spite of some of the BS, but thats ok too. I read what intrests me. There is a wealth of experience and knowledge on this site to help anyone trying to build a rod, regardless of the type. So I will be here every day reading. If something comes up that I believe I can make a reasonable and worthy comment on, I will.
    Thanks for a great site!

6. oldchevyseller

oldchevyseller
    from mankato mn

7. Im sick of hearing people bitch about this board.. Thinking that they can run it better... I would like to see them Police this board 24 - 7 for How many God damn Years??

How many people are Registered? 5000+ ... any only a handfull are disrespectful.. In my opinion thats Pretty Damn Good.

Come on, a normal 12 year old. has seen more Nudeidy ,and herd worse things on Public TV.. then the hamb...

Let it go, sit back and learn something. Or Go build something.. Stop wasting time on something Point-Less....

steve

8. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I've got many buddies who are registered only because it's easier for them to navigate the site.
    They don't post because of many reasons. You may know several of their cars, but they just prefer to "lurk"!

9. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

[ QUOTE ]
    I've chatted to a number of people over the years that are signed up here but don't post. One of the reasons that always comes up is time. Not enough time in the day to actually read whats going here and keep up. The other reason which is somewhat attached is the fact that by the time they see a post that needs an answer, it's been answered a number of times by a number of people. They don't feel a need to add anything so they basicly sit back and lurk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen my sister!! [​IMG]

10. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I think we need to remember that there are kids on here as memebers and we should act accordingly. And I am not talking about an occasional use of a$$ or s--t, I am refering to talking like perverts about anal sex and that sort of thing.
    The FTE has the 8 year old rule, if it isn't fit for an eight year old then it's off limits. They don't have much trouble enforcing it or need to.

11. Paul

Paul
    Editor

[ QUOTE ]
    if it isn't fit for an eight year old then it's off limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

nobody's forcing anyone to hold their baby up to the screen and read every perverted post out loud.

..that's voluntary.

Paul

12. BELLM

BELLM

I promised my wife I would clean up my language,both on and off the HAMB, Then last Saturday night, Ryan & Racefab told me I won the engine & tranny, first words out of my mouth were "You gotta be shitting me!!" [​IMG]
    I'm sorry, I yam what I yam. WTF!! I'm too old to change.
    Oh yeah, looking at all the HAMB drags pics I noticed that someone stole most of the hair off the back of my head!!! When did that happen? Maybe thats why Shifts gave me a cap. [​IMG]

13. Does talking about pig fetish' and pickles counts as perverted? [​IMG]

Fuck, thats good, I was worried

14. BELLM

BELLM

T-Is that where pickled pigs feet come from?

15. Yeah but you need to suck on em while wearing ladies underware while reading the HAMB

16. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

I tend to lurk but hell I like this board and tend to jump in with a smart ass remark on occasion. I am learning a lot about building and hand fabrication and am still looking for something that I can build but really old Iron up here is hard to find and can be expensive when you come across it. So I figure until I have something to cut and weld on I will learn what will work. It seem like do not have too much of a problem as to finding out what doesn't work.

17. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Drew out some lurkers, this is kinda cool.
    What are you top secret lurkers building? Give it up, with pic’s.

18. rdstr31

rdstr31
    from Ney, OH

I guess I could be considered a "lurker". I check out the board every day at lunch, but I guess I just don't have much to say that hasn't already been said by the folks who post here every day.

I even had a really funny Barry White comment for the "Hot Rod Buildoff" thread, but someone beat me to it!! [​IMG]