Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever build a full size hot wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldchevy, Feb 5, 2010.

1. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

As head of design for Hotwheels i can safely say you guys are speakin my language. DDS and Jim Sibleys car are straight up my favourite radical builds i've seen for years....I love that shit.

Whilst the brand has to stay in touch with modern kids i can safely say that the cars i personally do will be totally in that direction + roth style show cars.......

The car that started this post was done by Fraser Campbell and was intended to be a blown out image of Hotrod horsepower to compete in a world of rice rockets....I'm workin on gettin some slightly more appropriate wheels tooled for our hot rod designs cos those big spokes suck ass.

F

2. cretin

cretin

I think most hot wheels I've seen would look really dumb as real cars, including the one you have pictured. Just my opinion though.

And Hollywood Hot Rods built the Black Widow, not So-Cal.

3. JimSibley

JimSibley

Wow,
    Hotwheels likes my car! Dude, to me the biggest compliment in the car world would be a hotwheels of my car. I would LOVE to tour my car with the hotwheels logo, and give out lil cars to kids all over the world.

Attached Files:

4. celticskull

celticskull

thats a hell of a car jim it should be a hotwheels car
    very very nice

5. oilcangarage

oilcangarage
    from N. Spokane

This roller is the closest Iv'e come to it. It was built with my old Hotwheel's in mind. I loved their radical wedge chops!! Of course it was pretty stupid undrivable but at least it looked cool sitting still!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  6. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

every trailer park you ride by has at least one of these parked in front of the families single wide. NOT that theres anything worong with a single wide....so don't hate

7. JimSibley

JimSibley

hey, i got one of those parked in front of my double wide. but then again Im kinda livin high in the trailor park hog if you know what i mean.

8. DMFB

DMFB

I would drive the wheels of the Porsche conversion. Also, Purple People Eater would make an awesome hotwheel. I know I am going in reverse o what you said though, lol.

9. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Candidiate ???

Don't know who's this is, seen at the OC Fairgrounds Labour day cruise 09

Has to be one of the loudest cars I have ever heard on the Street.

[​IMG]

10. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

I guess nobody remembers the Red Baron?

Attached Files:

11. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

I have always wanted to build the "alive 55"
    I like the chrome version best, and would love to see it done with the stacked headlights, hood blisters and giant wheels/tires....just a life size version of my favorite hotwheel.

Attached Files:

12. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Do you guys remember in the 70 s the World of wheels (ZINGER CARS }They were cartoon looking tiny cars with huge tires,massive engines and supercharged with zoomies.They were dummy show exibition cars.If I remember right there were about a half dozen cars that they toured there shows.They were fakes but fun to see . young dreamer boys eyes would light up with a curious smile look when they saw the cars.Any one have picture of them?

13. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=313395&highlight=zingers

I just searched "zingers" :cool:

14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I don't have a picture, but Bright Built Hotrods in Salina KS, built the car first and it was turned into a hotwheels.