Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Event Shirts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Jim, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Early 2008 I help a HAMB member from New Zealand get a transmission from Minnesota to NZ.
    In appreciation he ask what he could do and I requested a event shirt from one of New Zealand events.
    He sent me a 2008 Annex Road Metals Street machine and Muscle event shirt.
    Alos that year was our clubs 20th car show and we were printing shirts for the event.
    So out of curiosity as to how many people notice what is on event shirts , I wore the shirt to many car shows, two church conventions, our club meetings, and just plain around a lot.
    To my surprise in the last three seasons only TWO people notice the shirt was from New Zealand, one at a church convention, and one at a local cruise night.
    So you wonder how much bang for the buck events shirts are for the event promoters. Will our club get more exposure from our event shirts?:confused:

Jim H

2. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

i like t-shirts .

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

As a designer of event T-shirts, I'd say it depends on the design...a crappy design simply won't sell no matter how many people attend the event.

R-

4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I only look at t-shirts women are wearing.Could be just me but I'm just saying....

5. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have guys that aren't even into cars asking about the only event shirt I own. It all has to do with good design and not looking like everybodys favorite dirt track racer shirt. You know the ones.

6. Firefly

Firefly

Crikey, maybe they should have just put
    "Muscle Car Madness 2008"
    (which it is also known as) with a simple logo on the shirt. You probably would have had more comments then. But, hey, thanks for advertising a Kiwi event for us :D