Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage event shirts color

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastcar1953, Mar 18, 2020.

?
  1. white

12 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. black

24 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. grey

40 vote(s)
    52.6%
  1. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

Having a rod and custom show this sept. What color t-shirts do you buy? grey,black,white?

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Black gets hot, white gets dirty.
    Grey/heather is always a good middle ground

3. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

Ever since we discovered white Penny’s high neck t-shirts in high school I have been a t-shirt kind of guy. Whenever we lounge around, it is a t-shirt and shorts. There are even "dressy" t-shirts in the weekly rotation from the t-shirt drawers. In So Cal, one can wear t-shirts and shorts all year around. So, in comparing what you are asking for in color t-shirts, my choice is the high crew neck BLACK t-shirts. As long as the t-shirt has a high neck and not a cheapo version that has a stretched out neck, those event shirts are good looking.

When anyone buys a t-shirt at some stores, the clerks stretch the necks to get the coat hanger inside. Instead of bringing it up from the bottom, preserving the round crewneck, the neck is stretched to fit the coat hanger. What else can on expect from a minimum wage employee?
    upload_2020-3-18_11-22-14.png
    The original Lions Dragstrip Museum Opening back in 2017, the event had dark blue shirts with a cool logo front and rear. They definitely are/were conversation starters everywhere I wore those shirts. They are in the weekly rotation and since I have two, they still look new. The dark blue just looks classy.

Now, I have 2 new 2019 Lions Dragstrip grand re-opening t-shirts, but the choice was only in white. The shirt looks good and have high crewneck openings. But, the white shirt just does not cut it, wearing it out to any event or just going for lunch somewhere..(not happening anytime soon, anyway…)
    upload_2020-3-18_11-22-53.png

The white t-shirt has a cool retro style logo, but looks too industrial and feels like something is missing, or someone is wearing a night shirt. It gets to see the outside sometimes, only in extremely hot weather. When all of my dark blue or black t shirts get the weekly rotation, they still look good even after plenty of washings. The white shirts are relegated to the bottom of the t-shirt drawers.

Jnaki

So, if the choices are what you have above: white, black, grey, it will be your choice, but make sure the grey is not the speckled grey as those look like an old high school PE class required t-shirt. Make the grey dark in color if chosen. Again, if the 3 colors are what you have selected, then it must be all black, with a colorful logo or a nice silk screen print on the back. Again, the logo should not have a solid area in large quantities. The more you wear, wash and store, those large silk screen inks will start to break up more quickly than a nice logo without large solid ink areas. (tips from silkscreen days…)YRMV

47ragtop likes this.
  4. Better wait a while on the shirts, at least until all this pandemic scare slows down, a lot of shows are being cancelled. HRP

jazz1, nochop and CobraJoe like this.

5. quick85

quick85
    BANNED

I voted gray but have generally noticed that most events seem to hand out
    pink or day-glo green. I figured they must be pretty cheap to procure, after all,
    who wants to walk around with a pink t-shirt?

kevinrevin likes this.
  6. RmK57

RmK57

White is more traditional.

7. Any color you like...as long as you like black.

8. We try to pick light color shirts in general (although not necessarily white considering the comment above) for our events. However, I always choose black or gray if I am the one choosing what I want to wear.

9. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Most of my t-shirts are black. I voted White just cause I'd like to get some variety in my t-shirt collection...

10. oldolds

oldolds

No to black. To hot. No to white. To hard to keep clean. Grey is ok. Medium or dark grey better than light. No to neon colors. There are a lot of other colors to chose from.

11. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No matter what color I buy, they all end up black anyway, might as well start off that way.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  12. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I won't buy em unless they are black. period

13. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

I won't start to promote the show for awhile.
    T-shirts won't get ordered until July. Dark grey was the grey i was going with.

14. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have some of each. I like the black best but they do get hot. I would buy the gray though, probably the fewest color I have had.

15. kabinenroller

kabinenroller

Dark Blue or a soft maroon look classy. Think outside the box. Black is fine as long as you are not wearing your hat backwards and sporting cut off baggy pants.

CobraJoe likes this.
  16. Tri-power37

Tri-power37

I like black shirts ...you can see my nipples through the white shirts.

Bandit Billy and trollst like this.
  17. CobraJoe

CobraJoe

I tend to buy Grey or Navy shirts, my Black days are long behind me and I can't seem to keep white clean according to my wife. :confused:

18. ekimneirbo

ekimneirbo

Black or Gray is fine. I'd like to see events sell the shirts that let the sweat pass thru them . I think in the long run you would see guys wearing them more (free advertising) at other events because they would take care of them and only use them at events. Us sweathogs would appreciate it..........:D

19. bill gruendeman

bill gruendeman

I only buy black, I have tried white for Sunday going to church and other formal occasions, but they get dirty and yellow in no time. And black is slimming also.

20. when did these become our only choices? it is like that in furniture, clothes and car colors. look around, cars are either black, white or some form of grey/silver. there are bazillions of beautiful colors out there. when did the world become so boring?

K13 likes this.
  21. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Black , black and black . I do spiffy up sometimes and wear an occasional dark blue .:D

22. I only buy black T shirts, I can ruin a white T in a day. HRP

23. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I like black as it adds a thinning effect to my profile.;):rolleyes::D

24. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Anything but West LA/Hollywood light blue is ok with me.:rolleyes:

25. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Stick with basic white or black. they go with everything I go to the Wheels of Time Car Show in Macungie PA. every year and some of the year's the shirt turns into a shop rag and never worn. They need to change the person that picks the colors. Tans, browns, light blue and lime greens don't work. Also one of the biggest issues one year was an event shirt that pictured a hooker leaning on a lamp post. Needless to say it didn't go over with many of the ladies. As others have mentioned, with what's going on you may want to wait!

26. I print and sell t shirts... I sell more black shirts than any 4 other colors combined.
    Having said that a color called sport grey is really coming along sales wise right now.

27. Yes. :cool:

28. I like the slimming effect that black provides. Lol:D

29. I like white, but no matter what color the most important thing is the large design is on the back. Small logo/design on the front side area. And if it has a pocket on the front then it is the best! Remember large design on the back, period. Do not need to call more attention to my gut than necessary.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.