Register now to get rid of these ads!

European Hambers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wideglide74, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Anyone ever shipped a car from anywhere on the north american west coast to Europe. My girl and I are kind of talking about loading up the wagon with some gear and shipping it over for the A Bombers hill climb next summer. Never hurts to dream.

2. LIMEY

LIMEY

Only ever shipped from the east coast & that was about 12 yrs ago at $800.
    I've also recently looked into shipping to the States & back again just for the thrill of having your own car there! but its £800 each way & insurance is a problem!!
    sorry i'm not much help.

3. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A buddy imported a 64 Chevy PU from Ontario a few years ago. I think it was about 600 Can $ to Bremerhaven , Germany.It was shipped " roll on, roll off", as far as I know. From there it´s about 200miles to Sweden.
    By the way, yesterday I met a buddy who told me, that the A- Bombers were not quite sure to repeat the Hill Climb Race next year, because of rather strict safety laws ... Only rumors, and not for sure... You´d better email them. If you ´d like me to get you some more details about shipping, let me know!

4. gasser

gasser

If you want to ship from the West Coast then talk to
    www.calship.com they ship most of the hot rod stuff that goes out to Europe. You would be better off getting a couple of friends to go so you could have a dedicated container for your cars. I think you can get 4 cars in a 45 footer.

5. A-Bombers IS on for next year, but maby not in the same place, they´ve outgrown the place and looking at some options...
    But it will still be somewere around Uddevalla and the same hill as always.
    Dont think safety laws are a big problem, they got a permit for the climb, but the law might not like it if you drive your "death rods" on the streets, but everybody does it...
    Ill let you all know when i know more...

6. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> My buddy shipped his Jag XK120 to England for the 50th anniversary of XKs. He spent 5Gs for the round trip. They took care of all the customs stuff and all. Another guy used a cheap shipper at the same time. That guy had to do all the BS stuff himself, then when he finally got the car, all his stuff he packed in it was gone and lots of parts were stolen off the car. </font>

7. metalshapes

metalshapes

I shipped cars FROM europe, I guess that does not count.
    I filled a 40 Ft. container with my tools, spare parts, my 3 race cars, a little car trailer and my furniture.
    I can't remember what I paid but $5000 seems exessive.
    I had everything I worked for in that container, and the weeks it was being shipped over here was the most nerve wrecking period of my life.

8. This little plan is getting that much more appealing. Thought maybe I'd try to unload my wagon in Europe after a month or so of roadtriping, urban/suburban camping like we do here when it comes time to head south. Last summer I spent over 30 nights sleeping in the wagon. This summer was not as fruitfull as work was busy and my car spent the summer in Huntington Beach with the roof getting a sunburn.