Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical ET Team III Wheels...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Elcohaulic, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Does anybody have any info or experience with them?

I'd like to save up for a set if they are a decent quality wheel..

I like the Classic V and the Vintage V..

Thank you..

ET Calssic Five.jpg ET new wheels.jpg et on 63 Impala.jpg et vintage v 15.jpg et vintage v mopar.jpg ET Vintage V.jpg ETMagsBrochure_Page1.jpg ETMagsBrochure_Page2.jpg nostalgic-wheels-ET.jpg ET.JPG

2. town sedan

town sedan

Don't know anything about the company, or their customer service. That said, I like the looks too.
    Here's a bump for ya,
    -Dave

chryslerfan55 and Elcohaulic like this.
  3. They kick ass, look better than the new American Torque Thrusts. I wish I had kept the set that I had.

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

5. Hemi511

Hemi511

Had a great experience with them. They custom made these 15 x 15 with the bolt together look. Excellent service and nice quality. 20181123_094517.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. E,T,Was the product of The Wheel Center,owned by Dick Beith.popular from the 1960s..and still a very good wheel. I've sold hundreds pf them during my time as a distributor in the Dallas area

7. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good company and a very nice product. Unlike some other vintage wheel guys when you give him money, he will actually ship you wheels not just promise to ship them. Last time I spoke to them, they couldn't get a reliable foundry in the US, so they may be cast overseas, but ask them to be sure if that is important to you.

[​IMG]

-Abone.

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Got that right!
    Many years ago I helped my pal in Bakersfield transform his deuce 3W with a wheel change. For the rears we got a pair of big ET's from Scott but wanted the fronts to have the little Halibrand look, problem was, nobody was in production at the time but Randy Clark CLAIMED he had a guy tooling up for a new run of wheels so like you said I had my pal send a FULL PRICE DEPOSIT to Hot Rods and Custom Stuff, yep, kept getting the "they will be in production shortly" BS, long story short the money was EVENTUALLY returned.
    I'm sure this was a great way for Randy Clark to get a zero interest loan for over six months to keep his shop business afloat as I'm betting a lot of people fell for it.

9. slowmotion

slowmotion

I got a pair a few years ago at an estate auction. 15X7s probably early 70s vintage. One is drilled for slicks (only four holes), spokes were faded gold-ish tinted, no center caps. Sticker inside of one said Super ET-III if I remember right. A buck, yep $1 for the pair! Sure they're Uni's, but for fifty cents a piece I can make some concessions. :D
    They lay in wait for a future project..

10. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

If your worried about the quality don't be.
    If your worried about the owner don't be.
    If your worried about customer service don't be.................................

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

In any of my interactions with Scott the only issue I had was his inability to grasp that a person might have a reason to mix/match two of his wheels with two of another brand.

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

That's understandable, he wasn't a Gasser, Rail, Funny Car, Top Fuel, Altered driver or builder!

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Scott lived 3 doors down from me when we were kids. that has nothing to do with the quality of the wheels or customer service, I just like to be a part of the conversation.

14. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Keep your eyes open at the swap meets : sometimes you get lucky! You don't say where you are located, but the big Turlock is coming up in Jan..... If you're within 500 miles, it's worth the trip!!

15. I *LOVE* my custom backspace ET Classic V's. Not cheap, but the good stuff rarely is.
    42619674_10212693884168668_2087682756753489920_o.jpg

16. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

They are better than decent! Wouldn't worry one bit!

Elcohaulic and Just Gary like this.
  17. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

Thanks guys!! I like the thick spokes on the ET wheels..

Do you use stick on weights with them?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  18. Oh Gary! I'm just ate up with jealousy! I gotta get some of those for my coupe and I too need a custom offset to clear the body. Those are flat gorgeous.

19. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a set on my 69 RS/SS. I love 'em. Evidently so did the judges at the Portland Roadster Show a few years back.
    (the wheel is in the lower right hand corner if your having trouble finding it in the picture)
    upload_2018-11-23_14-27-52.png

20. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I've bought from them before....Very high quality...and most times you call, you talk to the owner....really nice guy....Super pleased with my dealing with him.....Expect 5-6 weeks on wheels.... 1 32a.jpg 1 32a.jpg

Attached Files:

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Big ET rears, little Real Rodders front wheels.
    Both very nice product.
    20181004_134500.jpg

22. marvbarrish

marvbarrish
    from SoCal

I've purchased multiple sets of wheels from them and think they're the best wheels out there. They work with you and you can get almost any sizing you want.

Attached Files:

23. moparjimd60

moparjimd60

I bought a set from them and received them and was amazed they looked like a piece of jewelry! Mounted some big 31 tall Hoosier tires on back and one side needed 5 oz of weight tire guys thought it was the rim, called and he said I guarantee it to be less than 1/2 oz on its own broke down the tire off and it was 1/2 oz out on its own . The owner is a very personable guy to deal with and knows his wheels. Would absolutely recommend and buy from them again!

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

24. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

61 chevy et classic v.jpg 61 pontiac wagon et classicv.jpg 64 gto et classic v.jpg Found some new ET wheel picts..

25. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

A set of ETlll Fuelers are going on my 40 Ford coupe. I can't get enough of them. I hope they never stop making them.

Elcohaulic, Deuces and Just Gary like this.
  26. What wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

raven, Bandit Billy and Deuces like this.
  27. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is the ET 17" wheel. polished barrel, argent spokes, flat caps. 10 years old and still perfect.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  28. deucehighboy

deucehighboy

I had a set on my 32 3 window and loved them, so I now have a set on my 32 sedan delivery. Just as nice as first set. Very good people to work with. Highly recommend

Elcohaulic likes this.
  29. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I am interested in the 16X10 FUELER wheel. I think this is a split wheel and if so do you need to run tubes?? I have enjoyed all the good comments on here so far...……..

Elcohaulic likes this.
  30. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I've bought a set of wheels from Team III and was very happy with the quality and finish. Would definitely buy another set. May cost more than others, but quality comes at a price.

Elcohaulic and Just Gary like this.