Register now to get rid of these ads!

ET II wheels lugnuts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55chieftain, Aug 1, 2013.

1. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I picked up a set of these and trying to find the proper lugnuts. The ET II wheels are the round 5 spoke center that are in a steel wheel shell . They have .620 shank lugnuts for the washers that go with the wheels. Everything i've seen for a .620 have a 60 degree taper like these, but I think they should have a flat area instead of the taper. There wouldn't be much contact area with the taper.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gor-68187/overview/

My other option was to open the washers up for the more common .684 shank style? Emailed ET but never got a reply back.

2. kismyss

kismyss

Are they a uni-lug bolt pattern? I have ET II wheels and they have the shank style mag lug nuts with egg shaped uni-lug washers. Kind of difficult to get the washer in the right spot while tightening, but they work ok. After I tightened them down they curved the washers a little bit but was able to torque them down 100 ft lbs. Got the nuts and washers at O'Reilys, hope this helps.

3. 55chieftain

55chieftain

It still has the original style washers that fit the recess in the wheel nice and tight. These are unilug but have the centered washers for a 4 3/4" bolt pattern. I'm debating how much i'm going to put into these , they are 14 x 6 wheels not recessed for disc brakes. I'm going to have to have them narrowed at least 1/4" behind the center to clear the calipers. I don't want to run spacers. I wish they were 15" instead.

4. nickleone

nickleone

Look at these
    Gorilla Lug Nuts 75187

in the summit catalog.

nick

5. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

6. kismyss

kismyss

You want the flat shank mag style lug nuts, no tapper. If you have the washers already then finding the lug nuts is easy. Most parts stores stock them in 7/16" RH or 1/2".

7. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Use the proper tapered nut that goes with the ET washers, it was the best of the unilug systems. There are lots of inexpensive sets on that one big auction site.