Register now to get rid of these ads!

erskine?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by unklgriz, Oct 1, 2012.

1. unklgriz

unklgriz

So, has anybody here ever heard of an Erskine? I found a '27-'30 Erskin roadster. All I can find on the name is that they were made by Studebaker for 4yrs.

The car is pretty complete. It looks like the wood is gone, and the top bows. Still has the original drive train.

Thanks, Larry

2. Yep, I've heard of an Erskine but I don't think I've ever actually seen one. Post some pics!

3. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Herd of Erskine...
    Heard of Flanders? made by Studebaker for 3 years.

4. Originally Studebaker's low priced offering and named after the president of the company. it was squeezed out of the market place by the model A Ford.

5. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Sub brand from Studebaker, named for a Company President. Made from 26 to 30. It was basically killed by the Model A whis sold for about 250 less. Was a down market smaller and lighter model (compared to standard Studebakers of the time) with a continental engine. Studebaker also made a Rockne, named for the ND football coach, Probably one of the first links of a celebrity and a product.

6. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Erskine was a popular priced car made by Studebaker. About the size of a Model A but with a six cylinder Continental engine. A neat car but overpriced. Didn't sell well and not many are still around.

Deserves to be restored if there is enough left of it. You could probably sell it for enough to buy a model A.

7. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

My dad has a 29 Erskine 4 door that may get finished one day. It's actually a bigger car than the Model A in both length and width. There used to be some pics of one built as a rod on CarNut that looked sharp.

8. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

9. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

And No, they were not made in Erskine, MN.....

[​IMG]

10. A friend has one he restored over many years and i know of another that saw in a Vintage car yard in 79, gone now, nice looking cars and very rare in New Zealand. JW

11. George Miller

George Miller
    from NC usa

Yes I had a Erskine. It was a 1928, wish I would have kept it. It would go good with our 1928 Essex 2 door.

12. [​IMG]

Here is one at the local museum in Huntsville AL.

13. bobw

bobw

[​IMG]
    An Erskine at a recent Studebaker sponsored show locally.