Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ernest Borgnine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nomobux, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Passed today. Damn, we're losing too many of the old good ones.

2. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Yeah, Ernest seemed like a real cool dude. RIP.

3. von zipper

von zipper

He taught me to question authority!!

Attached Files:

4. RayJarvis

RayJarvis

loved his older stuff rip ernest

5. so good here: [​IMG]

6. I remember him in the original "flight of the phoenix", and watching "McHales Navy" as a little kid. I always hated his guts in a bad guy role. It just proves he was that good an actor!
    R.I.P. Mr. B.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  7. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

R.I.P., Ernie

4TTRUK

8. RIP Ernnist Borgnine. What a great actor. He could play many characters well. Thanks for all that you gave us.

9. jerseymike

jerseymike

what the hell does this have to do with traditional hot rods and customs? this place is turning into oprah.com.

10. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

So don't click on the thread- get over it.
    EB was indeed cool, he and Lee Marvin going at it in "The Emperor of the North"- axes and chains- two of the best badasses together. Also, again with LM as the General in "The Dirty Dozen". But he definitely had old Leadbottom's number :p

11. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Ernest Borgnine! Not just any man, bigger than life and 95 years worth of pure tradition.

12. Ya know, I'm a fairly laid back guy. I don't get down on a hell of alot of anything. You sir, are nothing more than a bullshit wannabe site cop. When you make moderator, let me know. Some of these people we are losing may mean something to some people on this sight. Go beat up on your dog, or whatever.

13. As car people/hotrodders we all have various hero's.The present dosen't seem to offer much,JMO

14. Not the dog,he's better than the owner.

15. My 7 year old triplet boys know him as the voice of Barnacle Boy on Sponge Bob Square Pants! Great actor and another that my 90 year old father will be unhappy to see gone!

16. i love this freakin place.................

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ernest Borgnine, Connecticut native,WWII vet, Oscar winner, an actor everyone from the 1950-1970's will remember. Rest in Peace. Bob

18. Bummer. Rest in peace. Another icon of a better time lost.

19. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

He probably has one of these as a cherished possession

[​IMG]

These are O/T, too, might as well complain about them while you're at it- but Ernest Borgnine, a real man, would've loved 'em

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

From Here to Eternity w/ Burt Lancaster, Donna Reed, Montgomery Clift and Frank Sinatra...R.I.P. "Fatso" One of his evil characters.

21. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

As was the conductor in Emperor of the North- made you believe he was a rotten to the core evil bastard :mad:

22. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My fav was when he did Vince Lombardi. He freakin' nailed it. I liked him in "McHales Navy" as well. One of the great character actors. RIP.

23. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Was excellent in "Marty". Who's around today that will have the same legacy? Whatever you suggest the answer is nope!

24. HotRod_Joe

HotRod_Joe

Tim Conway does the voice of Barnacle Boy. Ernest Borgnine was the voice of Mermaid Man.

I'm not afraid to say I watch Spongebob. :D

25. skoh73

skoh73

He was a hell of an actor and an all- around good guy. He would come back damn near every year to Milwaukee to be the Grand Marshall of The Great Circus Parade. He'd dress up in his clown get-up and make a lot of kids happy. He'll be missed.

26. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Being from Connecticut my self and having a warm spot for train things I too loved the Emperor of the North. He was the kind of every day Joe that us plain folk can connect with. He was originally from Hamden Connecticut.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  27. He had a great run...95 years....RIP, Ernie.

28. Puddin Head

Puddin Head
    from Mason, Oh

Wasn't always a leading man, but was a leading man in all he did. How is it with a mug like that we always watched him and we're taken by the person we saw. Doesn't happen much now days. Another gone ane my life has gotten smaller. RIP.

29. Lil32

Lil32

enjoyed his work, sad loss.