Register now to get rid of these ads!

Erickson Extreme Kustoms problems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Riccardo, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riccardo

Riccardo
    from Italy

I' sorry I have to start this thread and I hope it's not a violation of the forum rules
    I'm a long time guest here (but only now I decided to subscribe)
    Last year I bought a '49 Mercury (quite rare here in Italy) already chopped, rounded and shaved, with a DeSoto grill and a 350 Chevy.
    I decided to change the engine with a blown french flat I'm building, and to upgrade the chassis and suspension.
    After a search I got in contact with Erickson Kustoms in Wildomar, California, and in January I ordered (and payed with paypal) 6300$ of parts (a-arms, spindles, brake discs and calipers, power steering, power brakes, rear suspensions, air suspensions...and much more).
    Well...until now I just received excuses (parts are being welded, painted, packaged; airbags are late or-uh, I was sending you two right arms-, post office lost the shipment...TWICE)...and finally Mr.Erickson got impossible to talk to (not answering to the phone, mails or pm on here).
    I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General Internet Crimes office.
    Does anybody has any other suggestion to get my parts (I'm almost ready to jump on a plane)
    Thanks for your help

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  2. CJ Steak

CJ Steak
    from Texas

I wouldn't mind knowing where he's located either. 6300 bucks is a lot of dough.

Good luck.

-Chris

3. Riccardo

Riccardo
    from Italy

address added

4. John50

John50

He posts on here quit regularly. Lots of pix of his high dollar mercs. He is located in Wildomar, CA...just south of Lake Elsinore on I-15. Go swing by his shop. About an hour from John Wayne Airport in Orange County, CA. I bought a new motor cycle frame from a dude in Germany and when I finally got the frame it was fucked up. I packed it in the truck with my bike and drove from LA to Daytona Beach for Bike Week and walked up to his booth with the frame and start in. Dude took it in the back to avoid customer problems and ended up refunding my money on the spot. It all worked out but the guy was an asshole and needed to be dealt with. i would pay them a visit.

5. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Hope it works out, I hate seeing people, get screwed.

6. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

I have known them for sometime. I have never heard of an issue like this... I am sure it will be worked out.

7. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

$6300+ 1 years time?

Sounds like somebody in Cali needs to go pick your parts up for you...........

8. He's in Italy, that would be a hell of a "Swing by" :)

9. thendrix

thendrix

Nothing like showing up and watching them scramble to try and cover there ass. I say if you have the time and money to get there, then GO!!! $6300 is a shit pile of money around here.

10. DrJ

DrJ

I looked up his "shop" address on Google Maps a while back and got just a residential lot with a small house and a two car garage and what might be a couple of older cars under a shade tree on it...
    No "shop" there unless he works in a two car garage along with the mysterious "We" he always mentions when talking/bragging about his "shops" production...
    Who knows?
    As far as the lost? money goes, I'll say it again... Never do business with someone you can't reach across the table and punch in the nose!
    Keep your business local and you won't have these problems, so often..

Recardo,
    Good luck getting this resolved.

11. Riccardo

Riccardo
    from Italy

Well...it's a shit pile of money around here too. Problem is, I have a shop to manage,and going to Wildomar I'll waste a week, minimum (remember it'a a 16 hour trip or more)...and then he could evenbe away...
    I'm saving it as last chance

12. synthsis

synthsis

not exactly an easy thing to do when you're building a period car that was originally from another continent. That guy does post on here a lot so I'm sure he'll crop up with his side of the story.

13. Gator

Gator

14. Well, I'll never use this guy Erickson. What a dickhead.

15. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Bigdaddy<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4595866", true); </SCRIPT> YOU SAID....
    I have known them for sometime. I have never heard of an issue like this... I am sure it will be worked out.

If thats the case then maybe you can talk with him about this problem and help clear it up for the fellow.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

16. chevute

chevute

Sorry to hear of your bad deal man.

You can lodge a complaint through PayPal, which will hold the payment from him, although I'm unsure as to if they have a time limit from when the deal was done. You will probably get you money back eventually.
    Worth a try.
    I only use Paypal for international orders now. If the seller really wants the sale, they'll cop the Paypal fee to ensure success.

Good luck.

17. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

R. Seghi<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_4595990", true); </SCRIPT>

I'm right their with you man..

I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him..

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

you have only 45 days to file a claim with paypal.

you can also file a claim with your credit card if that is how you paid... at least here in the USA you can.

19. sure sounds like somebody local should pay him a visit to help out a fellow hamb member. you need to contact ryan and let him know whats up. $6,300 the guys getting burned for sure make the guy sound like a douchbag! here is your chance to chime in.

20. Riccardo

Riccardo
    from Italy

Ryan?

21. I think Ryan can get involved but can only do so much. The rest is up to us. boycotting will work. So will an organized posse. Lynchmob?

22. Ryan owns this joint. Scroll down to the bottom of the main page.

23. John Denich

John Denich

I am confused...why were you asking him if you could buy the items in question from him on another post, and complaining on that post that you were having trouble getting those items....So you were complaining about him to him and asking if you could get those items from him...WTF...I am not on anyones side just seems weird!!!

SEE from three days ago!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EXK
    Hey Rhys, Sorry have no pics of a finished mercs avail right now. Did almost finish a 50 merc about 4 years ago with this style of suspension. I did drive it a little and the car drove amazingly well. It went to Europe unfinished in primer and a unfinished interior. We do have 2 mercs in the shop right now with the mark VIII suspension convershion. A radical custom 51 coupe for a customer and a 50 merc woody for myself. Here are some more pic's

www.ericksonskustoms.com

Those cars look great. Do you have a suspension upgrade kit that could fit my '49 Mercury? (I ordered a set to a specialized shop but I'm having some problems in getting my stuff)

24. Sounds like he was baiting the guy.;)

25. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

26. Ricardo. He goes by EXK here on the HAMB. I would PM him and see what's up. Next,would be to contact Ryan.
    They are about an hour from me.

27. -Brent-

-Brent-

Do you think he knew he was talking to the dude that he's got an issue with?

28. John Denich

John Denich

Maybe I am confused but what can Ryan do!!!! this deal has nothing to do with the HAMB!!!!

29. I don't see why Ryan should be involved. Neither parties are even alliance members. Sucks to get ripped of for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.