Register now to get rid of these ads!

ENUFF with 'wrong side steering wheel' JOKES!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mai Ki-Ki, Sep 22, 2003.

1. Every time an Aussie or New Zealander posts a pic we have to endure several lame "hey the steering wheels on the wrong side" jokes...

...it's not funny [​IMG]
    ...it's not cool [​IMG]
    ...it's OBVIOUS [​IMG]

*deep breath*

VENT OVER.

[​IMG]
    maiki

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

I have a related question--when walking and you meet someone, do you pass to the the left as you do when driving? Serious question-not intended to offend anyone--I have wondered

3. one word, three syllables VAL-I-UM

4. 4 words.

TOO MUCH RED WINE.

5. Phil Stevens

Phil Stevens

Do we pass to the left as you do when driving?? I don't understand, we pass on the right side, because we drive on the left. Most times people walk on the left of the footpath or " sidewalk " so we pass on the right [​IMG]right? or should that be OK!

6. manyolcars

manyolcars

[ QUOTE ]
    Do we pass to the left as you do when driving?? I don't understand, we pass on the right side, because we drive on the left. Most times people walk on the left of the footpath or " sidewalk " so we pass on the right [​IMG]right? or should that be OK!

[/ QUOTE ]Too much red wine for you too? My question is do you walk on the left side of the sidewalk, and oncoming walkers pass on your right side?

7. rodnkustom

rodnkustom

OK, so why is it on the wrong side?! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    -peter

8. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Hey, your rant is on the wrong side. [​IMG]

9. 55olds88

55olds88

I normally pass other people walking towards me by hooking left, its the same keep left we do while driving (unless overtaking, then John Law takes a dim view) so it all makes sense, now what do y'all do in the U.S. ??

10. are sheep jokes still ok?

11. KnuckleBuster

KnuckleBuster

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a related question--when walking and you meet someone, do you pass to the the left as you do when driving? Serious question-not intended to offend anyone--I have wondered

[/ QUOTE ]

I was always taught that the guy was supposed to walk closest to the roadway and let the chicks walk on the building side of the sidewalk. Manners and all. As far as when 2 guys on the same sidewalk goes, who knows?

12. ..guess so! (for the NZ'ers!) [​IMG]

13. 55olds88

55olds88

Nah we leave the sheep to the Aussies, too busy with the forign tourists these days, after all the psudeo Aussie national anthem glorifies some bloke out in the out back geting friendly with Baaaabaraaa and some of her friends
    (Waltzing Matilda). Why does he end up jumping into the lake (prolly a muddy pond in the wet season in reality) ? I didn't think there were any problems with man/beast relations there..... or was that Greece ?

14. UKAde

UKAde
    from Oxford UK

See we are doing it right,,,, as i always get the wrong side jokes when my modified pics are on the hamb,,

UKAde

15. autocol

autocol

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, we do walk on the left of FOOTPATHs [​IMG]

we don't have sidewalks!

also on escalators, we don't have any signs on them, but we would do the opposite of "Walk Left, Stand Right"...

16. metalshapes

metalshapes

If I would have been working on your car, my other ear would hurt right now.....
    I was leaning in through the driver side door of my Truck to do some welding, when a piece of MIG spatter fell in my ear.

17. Alright!!! I'll leave the "steering wheel is on the wrong side" alone!!!

Dude, your pedals are on the wrong side!

Just doesn't seem the same [​IMG]

18. After living in Japan for many years I still find myself walking out to my current vehicle and without thinking find myself on the passenger side. Is hard to be cool and studly when your unlocking the passenger side door and you realize that your on the wrong side of the car. I also have pulled out on a side road and started down the road on the left side, luckily I have realized my error without causing any accidents...

19. Met a couple of Ausie and NZ wandering around the Wisconsin Country side during the Harley Anniversary!

How did I know they were Ausie's and NZr's...? They were turning into oncoming traffic scaring the "SHIT" out of the locals as well as themselves! [​IMG] Then they pulled over to the wrong side of the road to look at their maps!

Since they were lost and had a couple of pints..., I had them follow me to their Hotel! (Wheew!) [​IMG]

Now I know how the Japanese felt when I was driving over there!
    [​IMG]

Mark

20. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

So, which way does your toilet swirl when you flush it? [​IMG]
    I had an Aussie buddy who swore they were clockwise down under. He had a habit of "getting Pissed" on a regular basis so he had ample time studying toilet swirls while communing with his buddy "Ralph, O'Rourke"!

21. I know what you're saying mate. I get them all the time too!

Sheep?? Nah, that's a Kiwi thing.

We DO have signs on escalators that say "Stand Left" and usually people will walk on the left, although, in Sydney it's a bit of a free for all.

When DRD57 was over here earlier in the year it freaked him out as people walked on the left hand side of the footpath. What is it they say is New York... "Hey! I'm walkin' here!"

I spent 3 months and drove 13,500 miles around the US and didn't have any problems "converting". It felt quite natural to me to drive on the RHS of the road. I think (in my case at least) that sitting on the left and driving on the right is a mirror image, so it's not that difficult. Having a RHD car and driving on the RHS would be a bit of a problem.

22. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

Hey guys, I just wanna know if the girls 'over there'
    go nuts for an 'American accent' the way the girls
    over here go crazy for 'other country's accents'..???

I've heard many different conflicting stories...
    I need to know..!!! Ha ha ha..!! [​IMG]

23. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

[ QUOTE ]
    Every time an Aussie or New Zealander posts a pic we have to endure several lame "hey the steering wheels on the wrong side" jokes...

[/ QUOTE ]

WELL, they are!!! [​IMG]

...funny all the sheep talk, i just got this joke in my email today...

Q. Do you know how New Zealanders practice safe sex?
    A. They spray paint X's on the back of the sheep that kick.

boy has this thread ever gone off topic!!! [​IMG]