Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Englishtown Score!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Piewagn, Apr 17, 2009.

1. banjorear

banjorear

Not bad either. Original '32 shell & insert?

2. 55chevr

55chevr

Walked 10 miles (no exageration) andit appears that I throw out better junk then most were selling ... everything I looked at had something wrong with it ... stripped threads, cracked castings ... Plus all the vendors selling motorized igloo coolers and weed wackers ... Calisle is 10 times better ... Joe

3. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Almost picked up the '40 rear and guide lights the one guy had but ran out of time and didnt feel like lugging it home. But i did get a little metal working lesson from the Martin hammer guy and a wicked sunburn on my face... haha

4. Rocket Surgeon

Rocket Surgeon
    from Central NJ

$4500 for that '57 wagon? Sham Wow, Chinese tools,fishing poles,junk. Reminded me why I've stayed away for almost 20 years. Want to buy a used high stall converter ,guarenteed.

5. Rocket Surgeon

Rocket Surgeon
    from Central NJ

Book dealer on the west side had some really good technical and historical books Some interesting old intakes. Not all junk. Just too much for me. $.02.

6. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

blue casket was there, just not on the pit side this year.

let's see - friday night - vender cracks guy upside the head with shock,
    blood, ems and cops show up
    saturday - fool runs go kart into people, cops throw him into
    backseat, fool then kicks out window in the black and white, cops kick the shit out of him, his friend butts in and shares a ride to the cop shop
    sunday afternoon - cops bust a 4 to 5 year old riding mini bike
    right in front of our spot - impounded mini bike - gave's kid back to grandmom
    and a few months ago a guy had his house and garage broken into and just happin's to find a vender selling his shit, vender was taking away by cops

so between the fishing poles and weed wackers there's so much more happening. only in New Jersey

7. Piewagn

Piewagn

Jeez....I always miss all the fun!! That woulda been worth the price of admission alone!!

8. wcreek

wcreek

I set a new track record: 56 minutes to get to the end of the 1/4, another hr to get to rt 9.

9. 'Great weather all weekend and I got some very good deals on some 46-48 Ply stuff. 'Lots of fun hanging out with Tall John & the Perpetual Care crew. Damn, I missed out on a near-N.O.S. snow-blower. This guy beat me to it-
    [​IMG]

10. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Wcreek, was that your 50 ford sitting on the track? black with blue stripe flames?

11. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

heres what i scored for my 31 coupe project! <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  12. bobo

bobo
    from New Jersey

Great weather but all I saw was fishing poles, weed wackers, lawn mowers and several 100 bikes for sale. Didn't buy a thing as there was very little for the older Fords. This may be my last year at Englishtown unless my wife needs a washing machine next year.

13. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Did you find the 5 bums that show up each year sitn on a there couch

14. I thought it was pretty damned good for a Friday, possibly the best Friday showing I have seen in many years. I scored a primo set of finned Cal Custom valve covers for 20, a huge bin of models, built-ups and parts from the 60s for 20, a deep sump oil pan for a smallblock Mopar for 15, a set of fenderwell headers for my Barracuda for 40, and a smallblock Mopar Fluidampr for 25. Can't wait for tomorrow!

15. lorodz

lorodz

when is this swap meet guys didnt get anything in the mail like i always did ??

16. lorodz

lorodz

17. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

How much was the black A coupe on the trailer?

18. sawzall

sawzall

Damn I'm missing it

lying here sick as hell somebody buy me a snowblower

19. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

The motorized recliner is a staple of the swap meet. Not usre if it's the same guy but I see one everytime I go.

Hope to make it out tomorrow though it sounds like nothing will be left.

20. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

those pic are from the 2009 swap meet. It's a
    "GoGreen" post (it's been recycled) lol:p

21. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Took my 7 yr old Son today for a couple hours and taught him the art of haggling. How much for the box of matchbox cars?
    $10.
    How bout $5.
    Sold!

That's about all we scored though I did see a 32 Truck Cowl, F1 Shock mounts, should have got those, 20's Dodge Hood, T hood and Touring Doors, Various size spoke rims, Dropped axle and spindles.

I asked how much for the dropped axle and my son with his new found skills said $175!!!!! Thats too much! Hahahaha, should have brought more money with me.

$10 to get in.
    $19.50 for Lunch
    $6 spent on matchbox cars
    Time spent with my son looking for parts - Priceless.

Who says the swap meet is no good anymore and yes I did see at least 5000 weed whackers.

22. furious

furious
    from Hazlet, NJ

I saw that with the sign that said "Its a washing machine Dummy"

23. teddyp

teddyp

ihad a good time at englishtown sold a lot of stuff and found stuff score a set of skirts for cowboy,s dodge for 40.00 bucks a old dixco tac for 10.00 a radio delete plate for a 50 chevy for 2.00 a model of a 69 doge green with a black top thats like a friend of mine had in high school he,s been looking for years and a few more things. true there is always a lot of junk there but i always find more stuff there but you have to look

24. I stayed home this time, tired of all the bicycle traffic there. Nobody walks there anymore with every swinging dickhead riding a bike. Last fall I was struck by not one but two morons on bikes trying to see everything in 10 mins. Its out of control there. All the vendors I spoke to were complaining about all the bicycle traffic as well. I saw everything on foot just fine. Its crowded enough with all the wagons & carts pulled around, nevermind the bike guys zipping thru the isles without reguard for others. Englishtown needs to step up with a ban on these too.

25. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

They don't all ride bikes----there are plenty of lazy bastards that cruise up and down the rows in 1 ton crew cab dualie diesels, gassing the pedestrians.

26. it was alright this year...i found some stuff I can use. I did make some good connections though..and that counts for something. If I brought more money..i would have brought home some useable stuff.

tok

27. I Drag

I Drag

I went Sunday. I remarked out loud about the 1 million bicycles for sale, and whats up with that? My cousin says it's so people can buy one and ride around the grounds instead of walking. Oh. So they ride around looking at the other 990,000 bicycles for sale.

For the first time ever, I did not buy one thing. No wheels I don't need, no parts for a car I might buy someday, nothing. Not even a sticker. At this point we just go to go.

28. 'Went Sat, put the '39 in the show (so I could park on the track and save the walk back to the truck with the stuff I scored), hung out with tall john and teddyp, it was a good day. It was very cool to see two '31 Chevys for sale on the pit side, one very nice @$14k and the other looked very solid, asking $8500.