Register now to get rid of these ads!

History English 1932 Ford Tudor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rich Venza, Nov 9, 2008.

1. I've been digging through a ton of photos from the last 40 years for different threads here on the HAMB
    I found these in a batch an old customer sent me from the UK at least 20 years ago. Back of the photo states the owner was Thomas Nee.
    Suicide doors, funky roof over the windshield and quite a number of different components on this 4 banger Tudor, although it's easy to spot the non factory accessories.
    It will be interesting if any UK HAMBer recalls the car or Mr. Nee...maybe even some present day photos.

Attached Files:

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Model A shell on a Deuce ... it is usually the other way around. I thought that all English Deuces had ugly running lights on the fenders ( british law back then ). The english Deuces had a bunch of different features ... from the USA models. Sucide doors, double glove box openings in the dash and a different style hood. I had a english hood a few years back. They have the raised area around the vents. I was going to use it on my roadster ... just to mess with people but finally decided to install the 25 vent hood that had been on the car for so many years.

Cool photos ... THANKS

3. hershambob

hershambob

ive sent a message to the owner of the yellow coupe in the pics

4. Interesting Tudor.

5. Weasel

Weasel

HAMBer Limey Steve had one - painted lime green (what else?). There was an English guy driving all over the Western US in a stock Brit built Tudor sedan about four years ago - with stock mechanical brakes - brave man!:eek: He said he actually purchased it in France and had it for sale when he was in Southern California. I talked to him at length about it.

Tony Thacker's 1982 book 'The Deuce' has a lot of foreign bodied Deuces in it.

6. I have a European tudor body sitting in my garage, with suicide doors, double glove dash etc. and Model A like rain gutters nailed to the bodywood.
    This body came from France and actually the title above is wrong and should be "European" body since most European build 32's were like the "English" body, so with suicide doors and a lot of wood (80% of the floor is wood).
    My other 32 Tudor (V8) also came from France (Asnieres, Paris) and is a "normal" American type body, so they were build next to each other.

7. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Neat. I learn so much from you guys. Thanks for the cool post.

8. I have 2 of those Tudors, and they are both built in Denmark.
    Lars

9. hershambob

hershambob

those sedans were built untill 1935 here with a few differances from 32,the one in the pic is a 32 has a piano type hinge on the screen

10. deucegarage

deucegarage

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  11. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

My '33 Pickup was built from an English sedan I believe. It was one that was exported to Spain originally, but I recall trying to locate garnish mouldings being quite challenging. There were some early Model-A mouldings that were close enough...

12. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

This one is a french body, from Asniere too, hot rodded this year by a friend. (with a litlle chop, 1.5")
    It was a v8 original, but has now a french army flat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 067chevy

067chevy

Very interesting. Have any more pic's of the overseas 32's

14. 067chevy

067chevy

Very nice ride. I like the reversed wheels and the flatty.

15. Empire32

Empire32
    from FRANCE

in fact, these wheels has been bought brand new from a farm & tractors equipment garage, lots of agri trailer use the 5x5.5 bolt pattern.
    They can be find in different size (around 15x6 this ones), primered and ready to pain, for around $25..cheap & easy

16. hershambob

hershambob

empire32,,that sedan is sweet,takes guts to only chop that small amount

17. hershambob

hershambob

rich the guy that had the a coupe didnt know the sedan so it must be the guy he sold the a to,i know someone that knows him,i will keep diggin

18. I went back through the photo drawer and came up with these additional '32s and some additional into on the first photos.
    The Anglia (Pop) in the photo with the original '32 and model A is identified as being owned by Paul Cuthbert. Powered by a 3 liter V6 and 4 speed overdrive.

The '32 with tag DL 8969 was only identified as having a 3 1/2 Liter Rover engine.

The Yellow SD also had a 3 1/2 liter Rover and is identified as an original steel body.

The red SD has the same motor, but is ID'd as a "Replica" ie fiberglass body.

The second red '32 with the sliding roof looks to be a tudor and is also fiberglass.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  19. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

here,s my english 32/34

Attached Files:

20. hershambob

hershambob

the yellow sd was a steel fordor sedan,the two reds are grp,the burgandy sedan,dl8969 is real,the a coupe went to japan

21. hershambob

hershambob

you takin it to krispys on sunday?????

22. It looks like Bob has the history of British Hot Rods down pat.

23. Dave'29Ford

Dave'29Ford
    from NE England

I know Tom Nee and he still owns the '32 sedan and lives about 10 miles from me. I last saw it about 7 years ago when he had just filled the roof but it had distorted quite a lot and he wasn't too happy with it. I always ask about it when I see him but its one of them painfully slow projects and Tom is a real laid back guy.
    The yellow Pop (anglia) is his brother Pete Nee's and is still the same today even though these pictures are 20+ years old, infact he had it at the drags a couple of months ago. Runs a nitroused 350 small block and manual box. Both brothers crew for a friends doorslammer.
    The yellow '31 was imported from the US I think and was owned by alex schepanski before Steve Parks(owner in these pics) I dont know where it is now, europe maybe.
    All these cars were around at the same time in the north of England when I was growing up and it was rather bizarre finding them on the HAMB!
    Dave Mc

24. Hotrod Rod

Hotrod Rod

That red 32' was built by Dave Finch, and was built using a little known company called Jethros, GRP body, Vette powered over twenty odd years ogo, still on the road now, and used as my wedding car (twenty years ago) when owned by Jeff Clements in Bristol England, The yellow delivery was built by another Bristol local Andy Lee,

25. hershambob

hershambob

and there was me thinking it was in cornwall,cheers dave

26. Norgbj

Norgbj
    from Sweden

Somebody knows how much the yellow delivey is chopped?
    I want something like that on my English body.

27. Bill Bennett

Bill Bennett

I have the original radiator from a (?) 1934ish english ford from my first attempt to build a rod. That was back in the early 1950s. I haven't cleaned it but I believe the core is copper and the tank is brass. It has the screw on cap with the script Ford logo. Does this have any value other than scrap metal? I would think for someones restoration.
    Bill Bennett Torrance, CA