Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine test stand--anybody build one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moparhead, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Ole don

Ole don

I have built two from old grocery shopping carts. Cut off the basket, and lengthen the frame about a foot, then make it look like anything you want. Those wheels are better than any store bought casters I ever saw.

2. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

Most of the engine stands I see here are great, but they all seem to built for one motor. What if you want to build a 4 cyl or inline. You'd have to make a new stand. Not a big deal, but...

If you want an engine stand that you can build a motor on and fire / break in a motor on, you should have purchsed one from Stout MFG. Portland Oregon.

Here is a photo of my stand

[​IMG]

This stand rules. It is adjustable to fit lots of motors, 4 6 or 8. I can either have my tranny installed & operate it, or remove it and run just the motor.

I have an adaptor that allows me to install a "Rotator" like on a typical motor stand. So when I'm building my motor I can spin it. (shown in the photo below)

[​IMG]

This also comes with a radiator caddy, fuel can, ignition spot to hook up your switches and trio gauge.

My brother built and broke in a kick ass 350 with a big cam years ago.

These things are awesome. Killer large caster wheels with brakes & swivel locks.

I also have a device that fits into one of the tubes located at each end, which holds a table that pivots. I can put my tools and stuff on it.

Cheers

3. DrJ

DrJ

Thinking....There's that old morgue gurney out in back...The wheels lock too! and it should hold up the weight.