Register now to get rid of these ads!

Engine Shipping cost form USA to Australia

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Croney, Jun 2, 2009.

1. ratman

ratman

Kiwi Shipping in Carson.
    I just brought in 1.2 cubic metres of parts weighing 430kilos and it cost $NZ208-00 from LA to Auckland.
    Most large parts suppliers have them listed as an exporter so you can have stuff shipped direct to them and not get charged any internal US taxes since its getting exported.
    One of the guys that works with me bought a new SBC crate motor and it cost $NZ91-00 Auckland to Tauranga.
    All pricing is plus GST and you also have to pay to have your shipping documents done. Normally around $NZ100-00 to $NZ180-00.
    Its a fantastic service.

2. English Chop

English Chop

I just paid $250 for just under a cubic metre of 60's Triumph parts to get to Brisbane from LA. My stuff is just being unloaded and it looks like the charges this end will cost in the region of $200+ the gst I owe. Initially I was just gonna buy an engine from the US but when I looked into it the AU charges were based on a minimum total volume of 1 cube so I maxed out the volume wit basically a complete bike in parts.

Some of the shipping handlers I spoke to in Brissy were quoting over $500 to just handle an engine so make sure you shop around.

Good luck!

3. uncle buck

uncle buck

I used UPS Airfreight to ship a Pantera transmission/transaxle from Seattle to Sydney earlier ths year on a pallet for $450.00 and it only took about a week to get there. Make sure that it is clean and drained of all fluids before shipping too.

4. TMSTransport

TMSTransport

Google Cheetah Imports. Kev loads containers out of Indy weekly to Melbourne. Dave

5. Hi Ossie

I had a whole Caddy shipped from Pennsylvania to Sydney last year by a company in PA. My father in law lives in Philly and ships Bronco parts to Perth through the company I ended up using.

I cant remember their name and am away with work for a week however PM me to remind me and I will let you know the details when I am back. Hopefully you are not in a super huge rush!!

Cheers

Cam

6. Will email the father in law and will get back asap :)

7. Hey os,

Sorry a bit longer than hoped,...anyways, see how you go they managed to get my car here ok!

5k Logistics.
    www.5klogistics.com
    Address: 1090 York Road, Warminster, PA 18974
    Phone: (215) 674-4820
    Paul McGrath, GM
    [email protected]